__

Are you in?

• Total voters

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
Ok, so i've updated the new plans, and cleaned them up a bit.
added tabs to hold elevator to fuselage, and to hold rudder to elevator (ft style)
i also added marks for the location of BBQ skewers to hold wing on, aswell as reference marks for popsicle (or whatever you want) to reinforce the BBQ skewers...
along with a bunch of other upgrades that i can't remember at the moment:ROFLMAO:..

just waiting for the resource to be approved, i've attached the plans in case the approval takes long

ENJOY!

Bo123

Elite member
I haven't been able to start yet because of exams. I will able to in the coming few days though.
Ok, so i've updated the new plans, and cleaned them up a bit.
added tabs to hold elevator to fuselage, and to hold rudder to elevator (ft style)
i also added marks for the location of BBQ skewers to hold wing on, aswell as reference marks for popsicle (or whatever you want) to reinforce the BBQ skewers...
along with a bunch of other upgrades that i can't remember at the moment:ROFLMAO:..

just waiting for the resource to be approved, i've attached the plans in case the approval takes long

ENJOY!

SSgt Duramax

We didnt go fly today bexause it was too windy. When i say we i meant my daughter and I. Winds were solid 8mph gusting to 15.

That being said, i grabbed the microkadet on the way out to the grocery store. That is why there was no video.

This plane was fun. I got about 5 min flight time from each 300mah 2s battery.

Once i got it trimmed and the wind was chilled out, it was hands off. A beginner could fly my micro. I assume the full size would be even easier.

I was able to manage the wind. Yeah, it got tossed around but i was able to maintain positive control the whole time.

I was worried the plane would need more wing. This wasnt the case. You just needed about 1/3 throttle and to lightly toss it over your head and off it went. No fuss no muss.

Stalls are gentle and it doesnt drop a wing.

Things that need improving (not related to the plans).

The little 1306 motor feels like it is gasping for air sometimes. Actually, it doesnt feel like it does much once you push it past 70%. Maybe I need to look at different props.

I broke my 5030 3 blade prop on a rough landing (more on this later). I had a spare 6030 2 blade in my trunk. I threw that on. It flew better on the smaller prop.

Elevator authority needs help. I had made the rudder bigger than the plans indicated, but the elevator control surface is small. When the plane doesnt have any power applied, the elevator is useless. It just goes into a gentle slight nosedive to the ground. Ill probably just glue a foam sliver to the back. I doubt this will translate to the full size. The first time i tried a power off landing I broke my prop.

I put 3 batteries through it and I was grinning the whole time. Now if I can come up with some lightish landing gear it will be a hoot. It will be even more fun with ailerons.

If you wanted a little low maintenance plane you can keep in your car and fly at the park on your lunch break the micro version will do it.

FlamingRCAirplanes

Elite member
We didnt go fly today bexause it was too windy. When i say we i meant my daughter and I. Winds were solid 8mph gusting to 15.

That being said, i grabbed the microkadet on the way out to the grocery store. That is why there was no video.

Once i got it trimmed and the wind was chilled out, it was hands off. A beginner could fly my micro. I assume the full size would be even easier.

I was able to manage the wind. Yeah, it got tossed around but i was able to maintain positive control the whole time.

I was worried the plane would need more wing. This wasnt the case. You just needed about 1/3 throttle and to lightly toss it over your head and off it went. No fuss no muss.

The little 1306 motor feels like it is gasping for air sometimes. Actually, it doesnt feel like it does much once you push it past 70%. Maybe I need to look at different props.

I broke my 5030 3 blade prop on a rough landing (more on this later). I had a spare 6030 2 blade in my trunk. I threw that on. It flew better on the smaller prop.

Elevator authority needs help. I had made the rudder bigger than the plans indicated, but the elevator control surface is small. When the plane doesnt have any power applied, the elevator is useless. It just goes into a gentle slight nosedive to the ground. Ill probably just glue a foam sliver to the back. I doubt this will translate to the full size. The first time i tried a power off landing I broke my prop.

I put 3 batteries through it and I was grinning the whole time. Now if I can come up with some lightish landing gear it will be a hoot. It will be even more fun with ailerons.

If you wanted a little low maintenance plane you can keep in your car and fly at the park on your lunch break the micro version will do it.
I am in. Will try to build my mini kadet sometime next week!

SSgt Duramax

The reason I said “mini” is because I am will be making it for a ppa.
How far are you going to scale it down? I did 41% and it gave me a 20 inch wingspan. I would say a 1806 would be enough for leisurely flying. I have a 1806 on my daughters pelican trainer and it is enough power for loops and such and if you put it on 3s it will scoot. Good and light too.

The first loop i went for in my micro failed then i hit low battery protection about 10 seconds after. The second one worked out. Power is adequate, it just wont rip vertical. But i think that is more of a prop issue than a motor issue.

FlamingRCAirplanes

Elite member
How far are you going to scale it down? I did 41% and it gave me a 20 inch wingspan. I would say a 1806 would be enough for leisurely flying. I have a 1806 on my daughters pelican trainer and it is enough power for loops and such and if you put it on 3s it will scoot. Good and light too.

The first loop i went for in my micro failed then i hit low battery protection about 10 seconds after. The second one worked out. Power is adequate, it just wont rip vertical. But i think that is more of a prop issue than a motor issue.
You said you were using a 1506.
I am using a 1806.

SSgt Duramax

So I would probable scale it down 50%
I am using a 1306 in my micro. I ordered a 1407 to try though.

The pelican is this.
16381508632273285045740626502402.jpg

SSgt Duramax

This is the most awesome finish I've seen on a plane in a long time.
The pilot decorated it. That tape is seriously cool though. I thought about putting some flare on the mini sig with it.

Edit: Updates complete. Found an old 5040 off my mini arrow and made these sweet landing gear.

20211128_221823.jpg

Last edited:

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member

Glad to hear it flies great. Looks like we have a lovely little plane here.😁