A place to post plans and planes

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
maybe a new thread that allows one picture and a link (no commentaries) to the original thread? :D
Nah. All the the planes. We want all the planes. Sometimes they're hard to find. Did you know about hotwax's designs? I didn't. All the planes. We want all the planes. This is the place to post them. :)

sundown57

Legendary member
I'm hoping that once guys like @SPONZ and @hotwax and others start to see this thread they will chime in and bring their friends.

Last edited:

sundown57

Legendary member
just finished another one of @hotwax planes. Another very cool looking biplane. If it ever stops raining I might get to fly them.

Attachments

• IMG_4257.JPG
    IMG_4257.JPG
    74.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4258.JPG
    IMG_4258.JPG
    71.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4259.JPG
    IMG_4259.JPG
    73.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4260.JPG
    IMG_4260.JPG
    69 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4261.JPG
    IMG_4261.JPG
    77.8 KB · Views: 0

sundown57

Legendary member
@sundown57 - nice flying - I really like the sunset flying - looked amazing - I am pretty sure I saw your biplane do a knife-edge and prop hang! :D
That plane is a bit heavier than most and the motor had a hard time pulling it. I tried to do a simple loop but no way. so yeah i tried both a prop hand and a knife-edge. I did the knife a bit better than the prop hang. I should probably learn to fly better before trying stunts but you know me.. fake it till you make it.

I was really amazed by that slop soaring you did the other day. I know when I first started flying I would shake every time a plane flew more than 30 seconds. I was shaking just watching you launch it. not to mention the nose bleed standing on the edge of that cliff lol

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
got to maiden hiperbipe today thanks to @hotwax. It obviously needs a larger motor. So I bought one today. great plane to fly. Bet it will be crazy fast with the new engine.

Wow, that plane has an ugly butt! :p It seemed to fly pretty darn well, though. I would have thought that the wings were too close together, but it seemed to do just fine.

A bigger motor you say? More power you say? Can't go wrong with that! :D:love:

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
just had to build the kite biplane. another very cool looking bird
Holy crap, that is one cool ass plane! It looks like you wrapped and soldered the landing gear wire. What are those wheels from? Ailerons top and bottom, but I don't see any servos, and it looks like they're connected by string.

What a cool build! So many questions. I can't wait to see it fly! :D

sundown57

Legendary member
yup i wire wrapped and soldered the landing gear, The wheels are from a covered wagon toy I got at the dollar store. Servos are under the bottom wing and I glued double-sided servo arms into the wings then ran a pushrod from bottom to top wing. no string on this one but lots of skewers

Attachments

• IMG_4281.JPG
    IMG_4281.JPG
    608.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4282.JPG
    IMG_4282.JPG
    583.7 KB · Views: 0

hotwax

Hi sundown57,

look's you have a ball building and flying my designs.
You're doing great. If the plane dosn't want to turn right, add a little bit of sidethrust. This will help.

Have fun

buzzbomb

I know nothing!