• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Solved A quick question...

Ok. So I am a brand spankin new beginner at remote control modeling, and I am working on my first model, a Spitfire. But, I didn't feel like ordering the kit, nor the foamboard. Therefore I used some of the cardboard lying around the house. I did buy the Flite Test Power Pack C, but I am unsure if the 10" prop will fit my 33" wingspan. Can someone help a guy out and give some simple recommendations if this estimation is incorrect? (I am a complete n00b, so please use simple terms... 🤣)

Last edited:
15845353489014455079120845176811.jpg

The black section on the previous photo is a trapdoor and inside is the location of the circuits, and the battery. I will adjust the batteries location to make it slightly tail-heavy, once I get one.

Last edited:
15845359927017265602550657665964.jpg

This is all the components put together. (Minus the servos, battery, and tail section. I will work on that later. Right now I need to know if this current design is proper for strong flight.)

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
a 10" prop will typically pull up to 4-5' wingspan. the challenge is to ensure the wieght to lift at the speeds you can get are good enough. I suspect you will have to be running this a little faster than foam.
Keep up posted

a 10" prop will typically pull up to 4-5' wingspan. the challenge is to ensure the wieght to lift at the speeds you can get are good enough. I suspect you will have to be running this a little faster than foam.
Keep up posted
Thanks! I posted this last night, and I woke up early just to see if someone answered. This is an exciting project for me, and i need all the help i can get.

sundown57

Legendary member
A little putty, a little paint, make it look like what it ain't. I have seen a couple people in here build planes from cardboard. That always impresses me. BTW welcome to the forum, look forward to seeing the finish build.

Maxx

Ok. So I am a brand spankin new beginner at remote control modeling, and I am working on my first model, a Spitfire. But, I didn't feel like ordering the kit, nor the foamboard. Therefore I used some of the cardboard lying around the house. I did buy the Flite Test Power Pack C, but I am unsure if the 10" prop will fit my 33" wingspan. Can someone help a guy out and give some simple recommendations if this estimation is incorrect? (I am a complete n00b, so please use simple terms... 🤣)
Welcome to the forum my friend !

skymaster

Hello and welcome. Nice i told some one else that commented that they did not have foam board where they lived. so i told him to try cardboard and he just laugh. your build is coming along just nice. if you could put a little packing tape inside the fuselage to connect the pieces and a little dab of hot glue. Next you need a little bondo, that is you soak a plain paper with white glue and added to the outside to make it nice and clean and it will also give you a little strength to the fuselage let it dry and them paint and walaaa! have a nice flight.