Aero L-39 Albatros V2 - EDF Jet

Guy S.

67 degrees with calm wind in Illinois today 😀. And I’m happy to report a successful maiden of my L-39. It flies great, tracks very well. And the landing was much better than my first one. Really great job on the plane. Now I need to paint it up
22887501-CBDE-426E-A151-CBCDAC223F84.jpeg

Guy S.

No idea. I 3D printed the wingtips out of orange PETG, so I’d like to keep the orange, and something else bright for visibility. I do want to do one with camouflage though.

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
@Grifflyer sorry if I missed it, but is there a build guide somewhere for this bird? I'm going to mod the v2 as a pusher!
Unfortunately no, I was going to do a build video, but the footage was pretty terrible. V1 and V2 are pretty similar so the old build guide should give you a pretty good starting point. If you're stuck on anything let me now and I should be able to help you out :)

whackflyer

Master member
Unfortunately no, I was going to do a build video, but the footage was pretty terrible. V1 and V2 are pretty similar so the old build guide should give you a pretty good starting point. If you're stuck on anything let me now and I should be able to help you out :)
Ok thanks!

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
@Grifflyer I'm having a hard time understanding how the turtledeck goes on. Any pics you got or an explanation would help.
Okay so you build the turtle deck base and bevel it as per the plans, then line up the two score cuts on the turtle deck piece, with the edged of the turtle deck base. Next bend and glue the turtle deck to the turtle deck base, there should be excess foam that you trim off so that it's flush with the bottom of the turtle deck base.
That's the best I can do without pictures, let me know if you understood that. If not I can whip one up real quick and take some pics along the way.

whackflyer

Master member
Okay so you build the turtle deck base and bevel it as per the plans, then line up the two score cuts on the turtle deck piece, with the edged of the turtle deck base. Next bend and glue the turtle deck to the turtle deck base, there should be excess foam that you trim off so that it's flush with the bottom of the turtle deck base.
That's the best I can do without pictures, let me know if you understood that. If not I can whip one up real quick and take some pics along the way.
Ya that makes sense now thanks!