An R/C Paramotor wing YOU can build!

Mythradites

Quick update:
Got the wingtip and trailing edge attachment points attached.
Also salvaging the first wing. So far so good!

fullwing.jpg WingtipAttatch.jpg

RCAiradventures

Exciting news! I just got word of another LuteFisk wing in the wild - this video was sent to me by a builder. It looks great - keep it up, everyone!

Mythradites

All done! Made the bag to keep everything contained.

Just need to do some inflation tests to ensure all the lines are the appropriate lengths.
I will snag some more pictures of the finished wing when I get a chance.

Now I just need to build the cart!

Myth

Done!.jpg

RCAiradventures

All,

Here is the first 'Simple Cart' update package. I have included all of the '.STL' files you should need to print the parts and a '.DWG' of the servo arms in case you want to laser cut or CNC them.

Please let me know what sort of information is still needed in the plans - sometimes it is difficult to remember what I forgot to tell you!

As soon as I get some metal together here, I will be starting the build videos.

Enjoy!

-James
View attachment Simple-Cart-Build-Package.zip

Bdhost05

Making Progress!!!

So, here is our progress so far! I know its been awhile, but we are just taking our time, and enjoying every step of the way. First, here is our wing, with the tips and trailing edge finished. It turned out pretty good, i think!
00.jpg

Next is my Labor Day project:eek: - the cart! My younger bro Jesse who works at a metal fabrication shop helped me out, even though it was his day off!

We started by cutting the flat stock to the right width, and we used the Super 90 adhesive to stick the templates to the 1/4" thick aluminum. This stuff worked great again!
1.jpg

Next, i center punched all the holes which were to be drilled, and we finished the job with a drill press.
2.jpg
3.jpg

Jesse set up the press brake, and we used that to get all the right angles in the bends. He is a master at what he does!
4.jpg

First he bent the hang point attachment bar:
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg

Next, he bent the main body of the cart. It was really nice to be able to use the machine!
8.jpg
9.jpg
10.jpg

Lastly he bent the battery tray pieces, and we test fit everything to make sure our holes were all drilled correctly :cool:
11.jpg

After some work on the sander, I took it home and cleaned the templates off with some WD-40. It worked fantastic to remove the sticky adhesive!
12.jpg

I temporarily put everything together to test the fit. I'm very happy with how it turned out!! All i need now is hardware!
14.jpg
15.jpg
Also notice how the battery packs i was hoping to use fit the tray perfectly!!

I'm still trying to decide if i want to put landing gear on this cart, i'm not sure i'll ever use it anyway. I don't have a 3d printer anyway, so i'll probably make the servo holder and anything else out of wood.

Myth, your wing is looking amazing! can't wait to see that thing in the air!

Thanks again, James, for making a daunting project easy! Your plans worked great!

Brent

Last edited: