Any 3d or just not this 3d ?

sundown57

Legendary member
ok so for everyone following alone I got my printer back from the VOC school today. they figure it out and agreed it was difficult. They said it took almost an hour to set it up . GRRRRRRRR. seems the bootloader was either corrupt or missing. But I finally have it up and running with the silent board and the BLTouch. Super cool.

CrazyFastFlying

Elite member
ok so for everyone following alone I got my printer back from the VOC school today. they figure it out and agreed it was difficult. They said it took almost an hour to set it up . GRRRRRRRR. seems the bootloader was either corrupt or missing. But I finally have it up and running with the silent board and the BLTouch. Super cool.

Awesome! I'm glad you finally have your 3D printer back!

Wildthing

Legendary member
So any updates now you should be able to load up with ease.

sundown57

Legendary member
Yeah, that's what they said too but right now it's working so I'm gonna get all my stuff done before I mess with it again. And if you believe that I have a bridge in Arizona you might be interested.

RustySocket

Kind of late to the party here. I have an Anycubic i3 Mega on the way. I'm anxious to learn about 3D printing and get started. I have zero experience, so a lot to learn. I've actually never seen a 3D printer in person. I plan to start with some simple objects such as control horns for my planes.

I will read through the entire thread before asking a bunch of questions that may already be addressed, but I welcome any tips or advice.

I don't know enough to really even know what to ask, but I'm sure I will figure it out.

CrazyFastFlying

Elite member
Kind of late to the party here. I have an Anycubic i3 Mega on the way. I'm anxious to learn about 3D printing and get started. I have zero experience, so a lot to learn. I've actually never seen a 3D printer in person. I plan to start with some simple objects such as control horns for my planes.

I will read through the entire thread before asking a bunch of questions that may already be addressed, but I welcome any tips or advice.

I don't know enough to really even know what to ask, but I'm sure I will figure it out.

Two tips I have are:

1. Start with PLA filament, it's the easiest to print.

2. Make sure the bed is completely level!

CrazyFastFlying

Elite member
It is an Ultrabase, which I think is glass with a coating but I really don't know that much yet. Here is a Link.

I don't know enough about anything yet. The unit ships with 1Kg of PLA. I have not ordered any other filament yet. Suggestions?

You should have no problem with adhesion with that bed!

The spool of filament that comes with it is most likely very low quality. I recommend HatchBox.

RustySocket

How, much filament will I want to have on hand when this arrives. I know that's an open end question but I want to have enough consumables on hand that I can get the printer setup, tested and try my hand at this. Is 1Kg roll enough to keep me going for a bit?

Are there any other consumable items or things I should have on hand when it arrives. Kind of like ordering a new ESC and Motor then when it shows up your realize you don't have any bullet connectors to solder on?

I live in the sticks so everything comes by mail for the most part.... speaking of which i have to go feed the squirrel that powers my modem.

CrazyFastFlying

Elite member
How, much filament will I want to have on hand when this arrives. I know that's an open end question but I want to have enough consumables on hand that I can get the printer setup, tested and try my hand at this. Is 1Kg roll enough to keep me going for a bit?

Are there any other consumable items or things I should have on hand when it arrives. Kind of like ordering a new ESC and Motor then when it shows up your realize you don't have any bullet connectors to solder on?

I live in the sticks so everything comes by mail for the most part.... speaking of which i have to go feed the squirrel that powers my modem.

I got my 3d printer about 2 weeks ago. I bought a 1kg spool of hatchbox filament and I'm about halfway through it. I've been printing for 4-8 hours per day since I got it. So 1kg should last you a month or so, depending on how much you print. I do recommend getting spool of hatchbox, instead of using the filament that comes with the printer.

RustySocket

Is there a flowchart anywhere that will give me an understanding of the process:

Design to Printing. What software to use and what steps are taken? What filetypes, etc.

Say I want to make a cube as the simplest example. How would I approach this?

RustySocket

I got my 3d printer about 2 weeks ago. I bought a 1kg spool of hatchbox filament and I'm about halfway through it. I've been printing for 4-8 hours per day since I got it. So 1kg should last you a month or so, depending on how much you print. I do recommend getting spool of hatchbox, instead of using the filament that comes with the printer.

That is great. I expected a much higher use rate. Seems like Black and White or Gray would be good colors to start with for RC stuff.

Andrew

G'day Mate

I've had my Anycubic i3 Mega for over a year now and have been very pleased with it. Once it's out of the box it'll take less than ten minutes to assemble. One important tip, makes sure you calibrate the Z axis correctly, don't skip it or you'll will never get the bed level.