Any 3d or just not this 3d ?

Wildthing

Legendary member
Had similar problems and it related to my well used nozzle, change to a harder type and and better quality, it sure helped. Sometimes those 'zits" can be scraped off with a good quality heavy duty utility knife blade if they are just a few, however it looks like some scaring behind them that is a problem. I used Hatchbox at 220 and bed a 60. I found that the STL's work better for wing components as I could get better quality prints when less parts were printed at a time. I found wing parts best printed in line or 90 degree to face.
My Joker is almost finished I an very impressed with 3d Labprint, thing fit without having to file, cut or say a lot of four letter words. Flew my QTrainer yesterday and very impressed with it. It flew very similar to the Telemaster. Had some problem with landing as every time I came in on the runway it refused to land as it floated off. It has a heck of lift issue and you might think of mixing elevator to throttle. Love my Prusa printer. Anyway hope to get your problem solved and under control, enjoy the learning curve issue.

I just tried the titanium and stainless steel tips over the last couple months, threw them all in the garbage. :) Had to print at 230 plus and I tend to print at a higher temp anyways but usually around 210 but with these fancy nozzles anything under 230 and they would plug on me.

sundown57

Legendary member
ok, sorry about bailing last night but wife told me I had to shut the printer off and go to bed before I threw it out the window. BTW anyone know how long this quarantine is gonna last? Cause she keeps knocking on the door for me to let her back in and its really distracting when you're trying to build a plane.

Any way. Good night sleep, hot coffee and ready to try again, Day 3.
Yes, I'm using hatchbox 1.75 PLA and we have forced hot air furnace so it's dry as a bone in here. humidity right now is 18-20%

Andrew

G'day Mate
My gut feeling is your "Retraction Speed" and "Retraction Distance" is out of tune, I've been through the same thing recently with new PLA+ filament. I decreased the Retraction Speed and and increased the Retraction Distance and that made a big improvement with my printer.

sundown57

Legendary member
well this just proved it is a Cura setting. now I need to compare them and see what's causing it.

Attachments

• IMG_4805.JPG
    IMG_4805.JPG
    534.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4804.JPG
    IMG_4804.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 0

Wildthing

Legendary member
well this just proved it is a Cura setting. now I need to compare them and see what's causing it.
As they update and create all these new options it does make it harder . I don't remember what setting it was when I upgraded but prints were just bad and then going through a million settings and reading their descriptions here was one that was turned on, once I turned it off prints became normal again.

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Alright - here she is! My buddy said that he thinks the extrusion block is clogged so I’ll buy a new one of those then he said he thinks that the bed might not be calibrated. Here’s what one of the last prints looked like before it clogged and wouldn’t print - does it look like something wasn’t calibrated or might it be another issue?
0B35208C-D04F-4AD7-B785-B643D1C8ACB7.jpeg

Bottom of print:
6B3CD531-2575-4EA1-AA51-F2E2C3E9AC67.jpeg

Top of print:
D62EE541-A233-41EF-864F-CE782700D434.jpeg

Wildthing

Legendary member
Alright - here she is! My buddy said that he thinks the extrusion block is clogged so I’ll buy a new one of those then he said he thinks that the bed might not be calibrated. Here’s what one of the last prints looked like before it clogged and wouldn’t print - does it look like something wasn’t calibrated or might it be another issue?
View attachment 162890
Bottom of print:
View attachment 162889

Top of print: View attachment 162888
Not knowing what he is printing the topside could be fine, the bottom could be as simple as setting the Z off-set.

Before you order anything do you have a diagram of the hotend and it's parts ?

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Not knowing what he is printing the topside could be fine, the bottom could be as simple as setting the Z off-set.

Before you order anything do you have a diagram of the hotend and it's parts ?
Ok, I haven’t ordered anything yet. Tomorrow I’ll try printing a firewall just to see what happens. I’ll see if I can hunt up a diagram