Anybody else scratch building tonight?

skymaster

Elite member
Закончил изготовление планера F-18 Hornet. Сервомеханизмы, двигатель и регулятор называются из Китая. Осталось поставить на руль высоты 2 сервомеханизма по 9 грамм, установить колодку с моторчиком и сделать аккумуляторный отсек с попаданием в рекомендуемый ЦГ. Вес планера с фонарем – 365 грамм. Завтра начну обматывать скотчем. Есть ли у вас какие-либо предложения по цвету? View attachment 241392
Очень красивая птица. Может быть, светло-серый. Или вы можете положить легкую упаковочную ленту, а затем покрасить ее в серый цвет.

Crazed Scout Pilot

so what kind of model are you looking for? there is quite a few nice kits out there
I’m really new to balsa, I’ve built some of the gillows warbird but never rc. I’d love to build a Spitfire or a ww1 biplane. Just something that is cheap and flies good. Also I had a lot of trouble with the tissue paper covering I could never get it it shrink on the frame any tip?

Crazed Scout Pilot

Attachments

• 731C1FA9-470A-4DD7-8CBE-1D0B431FF152.jpeg
    731C1FA9-470A-4DD7-8CBE-1D0B431FF152.jpeg
    11 KB · Views: 0

Off-topic jes

Elite member
I’m really new to balsa, I’ve built some of the gillows warbird but never rc. I’d love to build a Spitfire or a ww1 biplane. Just something that is cheap and flies good. Also I had a lot of trouble with the tissue paper covering I could never get it it shrink on the frame any tip

I’m really new to balsa, I’ve built some of the gillows warbird but never rc. I’d love to build a Spitfire or a ww1 biplane. Just something that is cheap and flies good. Also I had a lot of trouble with the tissue paper covering I could never get it it shrink on the frame any tip?
Tissue paper can be a struggle. sometimes I have trouble with it to you first have to pinch and pull it nice and tight when you stick it down.
image.jpg
but if you want drum tight like on my Piper here I recommend getting a small spray bottle with water and Elmers glue, and if you give that a few squirts, it dries up very nicely.

Brian B

Elite member
Any paint scheem ideas?

really? I never built a rc balsa plane. Any places that you would recommend were I can get a small cheap kit
Not many cheap kits around. Look at Brodak, wide assortment.

But from what I've seen of your ability, go straight to plans and cut out your own. An excellent first kit, because of the EXTREMELY detailed instructions, is the original 40" Lazy Bee. The ribs and parts are huge and forgiving to cut out, compared to other designs, useful if you are new to Exacto #11s cutting balsa. Should be able to pickup all the required balsa at Hobby Lobby, and even with today's prices, total amount is very small for that plane.

If interested, go to this site (I love Outerzone!!!), and download the plans and all supplements.

Off-topic jes

Elite member
Not many cheap kits around. Look at Brodak, wide assortment.

But from what I've seen of your ability, go straight to plans and cut out your own. An excellent first kit, because of the EXTREMELY detailed instructions, is the original 40" Lazy Bee. The ribs and parts are huge and forgiving to cut out, compared to other designs, useful if you are new to Exacto #11s cutting balsa. Should be able to pickup all the required balsa at Hobby Lobby, and even with today's prices, total amount is very small for that plane.

If interested, go to this site (I love Outerzone!!!), and download the plans and all supplements.
Oh yea! The lazy bee is a WONDERFUL flying model. I’ve seen your stuff too, just awesome Go straight to scrach

Last edited:

Off-topic jes

Elite member
Tissue paper can be a struggle. sometimes I have trouble with it to you first have to pinch and pull it nice and tight when you stick it down. View attachment 241400 but if you want drum tight like on my Piper here I recommend getting a small spray bottle with water and Elmers glue, and if you give that a few squirts, it dries up very nicely.
Like this
E6B31FD3-836E-4436-86A1-9E4F8A60779C.jpeg
4DBF5DAB-05F3-4901-985F-EC2C1B86CFBD.jpeg

Crazed Scout Pilot

Tissue paper can be a struggle. sometimes I have trouble with it to you first have to pinch and pull it nice and tight when you stick it down. View attachment 241400 but if you want drum tight like on my Piper here I recommend getting a small spray bottle with water and Elmers glue, and if you give that a few squirts, it dries up very nicely.
That’s sweet… thanks for the tips I appreciate them