Baa Baa Black Sheep, Have you any wool? Yes Sir, Yes Sir three Planes full!

kilroy07

Legendary member
Trying to get you to start :). As for the maiden it will wait a bit, want to paint it before so don’t worry.
Okay, I start TONIGHT!
Yup, going to try and build this bad boy in one evening... Thank you FF! (Actually, I've over extended myself... yet again... ) :rolleyes:

I'm going to do something totally different with her, no paint (well, maybe just a little...) I'm building her for night flight.
I'm going to put blue LEDs in her, yellow at the cowl and colored wingtips.
Maybe glow in the dark insignia... time is a factor.

Going to name her Casper. ;)
It'll look pretty plain during the day, but ought to be crazy cool at night (might put my Night Raiden out of work!) :ROFLMAO:

kilroy07

Legendary member
One more quick thing...

Our local hobby shop is closing.... (and I am REALLY sad about that...) Sunday I found this, and at 50% off, I decided to take a chance...
IMG_9087.JPG
It fits a motor I had perfectly.

I think I might save this, the canopy and retracts for the daylight build.

mayan

Legendary member
One more quick thing...

Our local hobby shop is closing.... (and I am REALLY sad about that...) Sunday I found this, and at 50% off, I decided to take a chance...
View attachment 135689
It fits a motor I had perfectly.

I think I might save this, the canopy and retracts for the daylight build.
Look great. Good luck with the build :).

Jimun

Elite member
Got a little more done tonight. Gluing the long run, with extra glue per the video, on the tail section. I got glue all over my fingerso_O:eek::ROFLMAO:. You should have seen me move trying to get the glue off and grabbing more hot glue, stringing glue everywhere and trying to hold it together and get the tape on.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:. Got it(y)

Corsair 06.JPG

1 more piece of the fuselage and then glue this pieces together.

mayan

Legendary member
Got a little more done tonight. Gluing the long run, with extra glue per the video, on the tail section. I got glue all over my fingerso_O:eek::ROFLMAO:. You should have seen me move trying to get the glue off and grabbing more hot glue, stringing glue everywhere and trying to hold it together and get the tape on.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:. Got it(y)

View attachment 135772

1 more piece of the fuselage and then glue this pieces together.
I actually pictured it and starting cracking up. Be careful and take this step slowly otherwise like me you’ll have screw ups.

mayan

Legendary member
Got some more progress done on this build yesterday.

IMG-2454.jpeg

Now I am really debating if I go fixed wing or removable wing. I am pulling towards removable wing for storage and transportation reasons, although I fear that the wings might disconnect from the fuselage during flight :/ which will lead to drastic crash. Although it might be epic to watch I’d much rather skip it :).

I also re-enforced the internal part of the fuselage with 1mm balsa wood which is thin enough to curve like the FB.

IMG_2443.JPG

Any how have to make up my mind about the wing because I do want to start giving this a paint job today too.

More later...

EDIT: If I am to build this again I will put the 1mm balasa on the interior fuselage piece before shaping it I think it might make for a stronger bond although it might make it a bit harder to curve.

mayan

Legendary member
After getting hands on with master series I don’t think it’s hard. I still don’t think it’s the first plane one should build, but if you’ve build a few you’ll get along fine.

I actually have to comment the video this time for not being very easy to follow. I kinda felt like it wasn’t well organized like the other build videos. Also things get done in a different order here so mentioning that in advance would have saved me the feeling that I missed something. For example gluing the horizontal stabilizer in place happens only forwards the very end of the build which is kind of confusing considering that it’s usually done when it’s put into the plane.

Just my thoughts.

mayan

Legendary member
I am going to try the removable wing like the guy in this video Flite Test Master Series Corsair Olathe Mods. I am also going to use the skewers on the leading edges of the wings. Your plane is really looking nice. Good job.(y)
Thanks! I am also going the with skewers on the leading edges and still debating about the removable wing. I kinda wished he'd maiden it and feedback the success of it in flight :)...

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
Got some more progress done on this build yesterday.

View attachment 136053

Now I am really debating if I go fixed wing or removable wing. I am pulling towards removable wing for storage and transportation reasons, although I fear that the wings might disconnect from the fuselage during flight :/ which will lead to drastic crash. Although it might be epic to watch I’d much rather skip it :).

I also re-enforced the internal part of the fuselage with 1mm balsa wood which is thin enough to curve like the FB.

View attachment 136052

Any how have to make up my mind about the wing because I do want to start giving this a paint job today too.

More later...

EDIT: If I am to build this again I will put the 1mm balasa on the interior fuselage piece before shaping it I think it might make for a stronger bond although it might make it a bit harder to curve.
Ok, you guys suck! I have this kit. And now I feel a need to build it... When I finally get home from FFO'19. Tomorrow evening.

mayan

Legendary member
Ok, you guys suck! I have this kit. And now I feel a need to build it... When I finally get home from FFO'19. Tomorrow evening.
We would love to see you join us my dear friend and like I said on another co-op build thread no rush. This has no time limit and the more that build with us the more knowledge others will have when they attempt the build. It’s called sharing the love :).

PoorManRC

Master member
You Guys really did a fantastic Job!! They look GREAT so far!!! :cool:;):)
Congratulations Gentlemen!

I admire anyone who can Scratchbuild these from drawings. I sadly, am not capable of doing any part of that...
I did finally get around to starting to build the Simple Cub Speed Build Kit I got for Christmas (and I try to forget Christmas, it was a sad mess).
It is at least better than my first Storch attempt, that I destroyed trying to cut the bits that the laser missed.
Still a good learning experience!

Anyway, I'm 3/4 done, with a serious modification or 2. I'm a little skiddish about posting the Build.........
But I did make a few YouTube Videos of it so far.
I'm hoping my next one can be the Simple Scout.

You guys did GREAT!
~ Carmine

PoorManRC

Master member
...... I watched Tim's videos on his removable Wing. Very clever, sound idea!!
I said it the first time around here, this Forum is a WEALTH of information!