BAD SPAD (35.5cc home built S.P.A.D.) specs/info/plans.

finally!

well, here they are. i hope they are clear, please ask any questions you might have. these plans will also be found under the plans section of this forum.

Attachments

• BAD SPAD (35.5cc rc plane) bulding instructions.pdf
    573.3 KB · Views: 10
how big of a two stroke engine would i be looking for if i wanted about 30 pounds of thrust? i am looking into building a 3d plane. also, what other than a chainsaw engine this size has a good power to weight ratio?

not home yet, sorry. will put up a review of the lights and some photos when i get them done. will probably take me about a week till i can get to it. will probably put up a video with the lights and new prop too. thanks for the interest,
Leo
P.S. when are you going to build one? P.P.S. last time i tried to answer your pm, your in box was full. P.P.P.S. do you have the same problem as me with the subscription notification emails taking a long time to come?

BobK

Banned
No I don't know what happened with my pm's, it said it was full but it wasn't, should be working now. I'm not sure when I will get around to trying to build one, the wife and I are thinking about moving and I will probably wait until then..one less thing to move lol. I hate moving anyway.

yeah, waiting might be a good idea. hey, the word on the street is a plane needs a spinner to fly (for those not experienced in aerodynamics, that is totally NOT true and merely a joke), how do i go about finding the right size?

darn, i really want to see someone to build and fly my bad spad. i wonder if my plans are good enough... thanks for the link, will have a look.

BobK

Banned
Fixed it, I don't think there is really anything wrong with your plans I just think the plane and it's size is a bit intimidating to some.