Banggood

Mode 1

Hi All,

I've not yet ordered from Banggood. I've heard a few too many people who have had bad experiences. However, their prices are ridiculous on some items and I'm tempted. Are all of their products legit or is there a fear of receiving "knock-off" products of the real thing?

Anyway. I'd really appreciate a "banggood 101" from any of you who have any feedback.

Thanks.

PoorManRC

Master member
Their Shipping is ABYSMAL!!! :mad:o_O Don't expect Anything in a hurry, unless you're prepared to pay through the nose for it. "Customer Service" at the China Warehouse is awful at best.
(These just reflect MY own experiences!)

Although the selection is vastly reduced, since the first 5 awful orders, I've ONLY ordered from their US Warehouse. Pricing is only about 5-10% higher, but Shipping is Quick!

I think it's another matter of just how much you're willing to put up with....

donalson

i've used them a number of times (just looked... 26 orders now)... as mentioned shipping is very slow but that is to be expected as it's coming from china on a slow boat... I've gotten things in under 2 weeks and I've waited over a month for things... usually it's closer to 3 weeks... it really depends on where in the container your stuff is packed... if it's the first thing in a container it has to wait for the container to fill up and be shipped... if it's the last thing in it moves more quickly...

I've never not received what I ordered and I expect to wait for a good while so never needed to worry about customer service.

Mode 1

Their Shipping is ABYSMAL!!! :mad:o_O Don't expect Anything in a hurry, unless you're prepared to pay through the nose for it. "Customer Service" at the China Warehouse is awful at best.
(These just reflect MY own experiences!)

Although the selection is vastly reduced, since the first 5 awful orders, I've ONLY ordered from their US Warehouse. Pricing is only about 5-10% higher, but Shipping is Quick!

I think it's another matter of just how much you're willing to put up with....

Thanks!! I think i'll stick to my trusted sources. i'll pay a bit more to avoid the potential frustration.

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
Banggood has been fine for me, the shipping is 2-3 weeks typically for me here in the UK. Most annoying is the inability to ship lipos to the UK due to the EU shipping rules I think.
GearBest, on the other hand have typically 4+ weeks shipping and less choice of RC stuff.

PoorManRC

Master member
UK generally seems to have better shipping times than out here in the Colonies.... :p
However, here as well, we avoid GearBest! AsiaTees isn't terrible, but they better suit the RC Crawler side of my Hobby.

d8veh

Elite member
I use Banggood a lot. It's about the same as Aliexpress. The stuff takes about 2 to 4 weeks to arrive, but it always comes and is always what it says it is in the listings, except that some branded goods are knock-offs, but that's the same as other sources where the branded goods are cheaper than what they should be. Pay with Paypal to protect your money in case of any problems.

If you want a new plane, drone, transmitter or something like that, I think Banggood is a great store, but I wouldn't buy a Go Pro from there expecting it to be a real one; however, some of the $40 knock-offs not called Go Pro aren't bad. It's not the place to buy a propeller to replace the one you broke so that you can go flying next weekend.

Fluburtur

Cardboard Boy
I have 61 orders on banggood and never had any issues with it, I had like 2 orders that were kinda slow to arrive but that's fine I think. The customer service is also quite nice.

The good thing about the slow shipping time is that when you forget what you ordered it feels like a surprise, also the trick is to order a steady flow of things so you always receive stuff ;)

The only two things I don't order from BG are lipos, those I get from hobbyking and plastic for the 3d printah.

IanSR

You pay for what you get with shipping, I always pay the extra pound or so to upgrade to 5-7 day delivery and add tracking/insurance and stuff usually arrives fairly promptly, if you don,t it could be a couple months before it arrives and their customer service is abysmal as others have said.

It's often better to do small individual orders rather than ordering all the items together as they have some weird shipping policy where the overall weight of the order is what dictates shipping cost and if you're ordering from different warehouses, this makes the shipping cost go sky high, so often it is cheaper to put in two orders for one item each than it is a single order for both items.

Gearbest was far worse, I'll never order from them again, took almost four months for an expedited 5 day delivery to arrive, and when it did their attitude was you got it now why do you want a refund of the shipping?

kilroy07

Legendary member
The good thing about the slow shipping time is that when you forget what you ordered it feels like a surprise, also the trick is to order a steady flow of things so you always receive stuff ;)
:ROFLMAO: So true, so true!
I typically have to plan out my purchases about a month ahead because of shipping... once you get used to the system it's not so bad.

I've had one too many bad experiences with Banggood to use them regularly (mostly due to electronics issues.)
I typically purchase from Aliexpress (but, had some issues there as well. They have a system a lot like Ebay where you can get refunds often enough for crappy items or those not shipped.)
Customer service seems a foreign concept to both sites, maybe a cultural thing? :unsure:

So, I say go for it... but understand what you are getting and be prepared for a wait.
https://forum.flitetest.com/index.php?threads/are-escs-consumable-items.53742/

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
Are all of their products legit or is there a fear of receiving "knock-off" products of the real thing?

I have ordered many items from Banggood, well more than 100. On occasion I have received a defective product, they have always taken care of me. My buddies all use name brand stuff, at 3x the price. My so-called knockoffs are just as reliable as theirs.

Shipping from China is about 3 weeks for me in central IL. But that is just the way it is from any Chinese vendor. Banggood’s shipping is among the best of the Chinese vendors that I have used. If you place an order near the Chinese New Year, it will be 5-6 weeks.

If I order from Banggood’s North Americian warehouse, shipping takes about a week. The same time it takes for other vendors who are on the east or west coast.

We all need to make our own choices. For me the savings are worth the wait. I’ve learned to plan ahead and keep my own inventory.

Mode 1

Happy Saturday, All!!

Thanks for the replies. I ended up finding the same item stateside for only $11 more plus free shipping.

I will definitely give them a try with some future, non essential or time sensitive products.

PoorManRC

Master member
If I order from Banggood’s North Americian warehouse, shipping takes about a week. The same time it takes for other vendors who are on the east or west coast.

We all need to make our own choices. For me the savings are worth the wait. I’ve learned to plan ahead and keep my own inventory.

That's pretty much it in a nutshell....
We've obviously had very different experiences, and conflicting opinions of ordering from Asia!

Since sadly, nowadays almost 80% of all the Products we buy, now come from Southeast Asia, including what's sold here. We can't change that....
Many of them now have North American Warehouses, so we at least have THAT choice, if we need something quickly.

SOME of the Companies over there aren't too bad. A couple are even pretty Good!! (GearBest definitely ISN'T)
In the end, it still comes down to Caveat Emptor. Sadly, too many people are now so conditioned to how the Chinese and the Internet have completely changed how we go shopping anymore.....
That has caused too many of us to become complacent to LONG waits and poor Service.

Well, I guess that's it..... I'm out of Soap. Off of my Box!! :p
Have a great Weekend!

Michael9865

Elite member
Most of the items that I order from Banggood come within 3-4 weeks to my home in Indiana. I had one issue where I had a flying wing kit got ruined, smashed, in shipping. Their customer service was great in my experience, they shipped out a replacement kit and I received it quickly for an international shipment. I do use PayPal whenever it is offered whether I am ordering from someplace within the USA or international.
I am a Banggood novice with only 28 orders from them, but I do have 108 from AliExpress.

Last edited:

dayve

I have 61 orders on banggood and never had any issues with it, I had like 2 orders that were kinda slow to arrive but that's fine I think. The customer service is also quite nice.

The only two things I don't order from BG are lipos, those I get from hobbyking and plastic for the 3d printah.

I'm at 55 orders and agree with everything here. Although, I have bought a few lipos when they were on a crazy good sale. Almost everything I have ever bought in regards to RC planes has come from Banggood; transmitter, receivers, goggles, VTX, Runcam, connectors, motors, props, etc.

The 3D printer filament is surprisingly expensive from the Chinese warehouse, but can be very reasonable from the US warehouse. I have a couple 1kg rolls of PLA that I got for $12 each on a sale.

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
I've ordered a few things from BangGood and GearBest. Over a month to get here, but I expected that. It was "If I didn't have it yesterday, I won't miss it today." kind of stuff. No problems otherwise. I have heard that you need to watch out for name brand stuff. It's sometimes not.

Ironically, the quads that my son and I flew, that got me into this hobby? It was a cheap Chinese knockoff of a Chinese knockoff. I feel there is some twisted justice there.

Brett_N

just entered order #86 with good old BG - servo's, monokote knock-off, and a balsa Fokker DR1 kit. I've waited longer for stuff to come from Hobbyking here stateside than from BG

3 weeks shipping is the norm, but I've never had anything NOT show up.

They actually own EACHINE and JUMPER brands.

I've got 4 or 5 of the little AIO FPV cameras, goggles, jumper radios, motors, spare parts. You name it. Well over 500 items purchased. The little Eachine E010 for $10? buy 10 and use them for kids christmas presents. I have a couple of their go-pro knock offs. Uses all the same parts and accessories.

Other than shipping time, never a problem with them!

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
I would be echoing the same. If there is an issue, take pictures and let them know immediately. (my problem) I've only had one issue I was b-hurt about. Generally serviceable stuff. plan your projects a month out and you won't have issues.

I am not building and crashing fast enough for my purchases... :LOL:.

jaredstrees

Might have to give them another chance. I've only ordered once and it went just fine, guess I just have a mistrust of foreign wholesale sites!