Buyer Beware: Power Pack A

FroProHD

It seems that a common issue has arose with Power Pack A Flite Test motors.

It seems that the included screws to mount the motor to FT mini firewalls are too long, which cause the motor to stop working while it is mounted.

I had this happen to me, and did not see any mention of it on the forums or online.

Examples of this issue:
In both examples, they had the motor already mounted.

When this happened, I figured it was the ESC, since there were some issues with FT ESCs. But upon getting a new one the same issue arose, and upon dismounting the motor from the firewall, it ran fine. I inspected the firewall, and it seems that I over tightened the screw. I do not know if this could be fixed by leaving the screw backed out to an extent.

A picture of the firewall is attached to this thread. Left is the firewall the motor was mounted to, right is unused.

Since the FT mini firewalls have not had similar issues when EMAX motors were used with their own EMAX screws (to my knowledge), I think this is specifically a Flite Test problem.

I just want people to understand this issue before purchasing the item, I hope through this thread, Flite Test can address this issue.

Thank you for reading.

Edit 1: I also tried ESC calibration to no avail when this issue affected me.

Attachments

• 20200318_122418.jpg
    20200318_122418.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 0

Crawford Bros. Aeroplanes

Legendary member
It seems that a common issue has arose with Power Pack A Flite Test motors.

It seems that the included screws to mount the motor to FT mini firewalls are too long, which cause the motor to stop working while it is mounted.

I had this happen to me, and did not see any mention of it on the forums or online.

Examples of this issue:
In both examples, they had the motor already mounted.

When this happened, I figured it was the ESC, since there were some issues with FT ESCs. But upon getting a new one the same issue arose, and upon dismounting the motor from the firewall, it ran fine. I inspected the firewall, and it seems that I over tightened the screw. I do not know if this could be fixed by leaving the screw backed out to an extent.

A picture of the firewall is attached to this thread. Left is the firewall the motor was mounted to, right is unused.

Since the FT mini firewalls have not had similar issues when EMAX motors were used with their own EMAX screws (to my knowledge), I think this is specifically a Flite Test problem.

I just want people to understand this issue before purchasing the item, I hope through this thread, Flite Test can address this issue.

Thank you for reading.

Edit 1: I also tried ESC calibration to no avail when this issue affected me.
An easy fix would be to add some washers to the mounting screws, that way they're backed out a bit without being too loose.