Help! C twin radial

flyingperm

We are building a guinea pig and are almost ready to fly. I have a taranis X9D linked to x8r transmitter. One of the engines always starts after the other and when at half power i can tell the late starting engine is spinning at about 1/2 or 3/4 the rpm of the other engine. They are linked together by a y harness and then plugged into the #1 space on the transmitter. Thanks for any help.

moret

did you do an ESC calibration? Also only one ESC should be feeding power to the receiver.

flyingperm

moret, thanks for the help. I didn't calibrate the esc. I'll have to read about that. Is it done before or after you bind to the receiver.

Thanks again

shadeyB

Legendary member
moret, thanks for the help. I didn't calibrate the esc. I'll have to read about that. Is it done before or after you bind to the receiver.

Thanks again
Once you have bound receiver, have radio powered up
move throttle to full position then plug battery in........ you will hear series of beeps....... return throttle to low position
BLAM ESC calibrated 👍
this can be done at any time, I suggest whenever a receiver is changed ... recalibrate

shadeyB

Legendary member
Once you have bound receiver, have radio powered up
move throttle to full position then plug battery in........ you will hear series of beeps....... return throttle to low position
BLAM ESC calibrated 👍
this can be done at any time, I suggest whenever a receiver is changed ... recalibrate
Also refer to the ESC manual for bleep notifications and what they mean when programming your ESC

flyingperm

shadeyb, thanks.
I'll give it a try tonight and report back...I'm in the newbe forum for a reason. First time with rc planes beyond a little trainer we practiced with.

shadeyB

Legendary member
shadeyb, thanks.
I'll give it a try tonight and report back...I'm in the newbe forum for a reason. First time with rc planes beyond a little trainer we practiced with.
Good and welcome
lots of experience to be gained from this forum 👍
happy flying

flyingperm

Y'all are awesome. Thanks so much. The calibration solved it. I'm still a little confused about the comment from moret regarding one esc sending power to the receiver. I have an esc on each motor and they both take power from the battery (y cable) both esc's go back to a y cable then to my receiver throttle slot.

Anyway, both are now responding together. Thanks again

shadeyB

Legendary member
Y'all are awesome. Thanks so much. The calibration solved it. I'm still a little confused about the comment from moret regarding one esc sending power to the receiver. I have an esc on each motor and they both take power from the battery (y cable) both esc's go back to a y cable then to my receiver throttle slot.

Anyway, both are now responding together. Thanks again
On one ESC it is recommended you remove the red wire from the lead (red) as they are connected in a circuit it will still receive power, the idea is that the 2 connected can interfere with each other. Ideally you want one ESC doing the controlling