Coronavirus...are you still going to fly?

Is Coronavirus going to stop you from flying?

• Yes...gotta play it safe to protect myself and others

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No...no way, you can't stop me from flying!

Votes: 37 100.0%

• Total voters

basslord1124

Master member
I generally like to fly alone too...more peaceful that way.

I've got one ready to maiden but our weather has been so rainy lately. Rain these next few days then supposedly a 2 day dry spell, but who knows if it'll be enough to dry the field up. THEN, a day of rain after that. :(

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
I generally like to fly alone too...more peaceful that way.

I've got one ready to maiden but our weather has been so rainy lately. Rain these next few days then supposedly a 2 day dry spell, but who knows if it'll be enough to dry the field up. THEN, a day of rain after that. :(

I know where you're coming from on that. I kinda need to go out to the field to take down our drone gates so that we can mow (the grass is knee high), but the rain has made the road to the field itself a little sketchy. I'm wanting to go out Saturday or Sunday when we have a break in the storms, but unless it dries out considerably, I don't know that I want to try it.

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
Flew a bit after work today, the trusty FT Mini Arrow and a home brew 3" quad. Still too good to be out long when in shade but still fun.
No-one came near, the dog walkers keep to the edge of the footy field :)

You Brits and your Footy...:) Come to think of it, things are all sorts of confusing. Trainers vs. sneakers, torches vs. flashlights, nappies vs. diapers, and lifts vs. elevators. Please tell me an airplane is still an airplane! LOL

evranch

Plenty of clean, fresh, virus free air to fly in here at the farm.

However it is currently being delivered at far too high of a velocity. Haven't flown in over a week! That's how it goes when the seasons turn here, all that cold winter air needs to be blown away.

Flying Monkey fab

Elite member
You Brits and your Footy...:) Come to think of it, things are all sorts of confusing. Trainers vs. sneakers, torches vs. flashlights, nappies vs. diapers, and lifts vs. elevators. Please tell me an airplane is still an airplane! LOL
I lived in Scotland for a year in the 1980s, between the Gaelic accent and the nouns being all different I thought it was a different language for the first three months! After a year there, there are British nouns I find myself still using 40 years later.

Ryan O.

Out of Foam Board!
Sort of a take off of my other thread on Coronavirus...

It seems like each day we are hearing something new in regards to this virus and places taking measures to limit exposure. So, is this Coronavirus going to stop you from flying? Will it prevent you from flying with large groups? Do you generally fly solo anyways?
The adcvice "groups of 10 or less" is actually wrong. One of my family members who’s a doctor told me that it is actually keeping groups under 4 which is effective. I also wouldn't count on being able to fly in groups larger than that for a long time, especially since many rc pilots are in the age group most at risk. Flying solo is fine as long as you try to sanitize your hands before and after leaving your car. Be safe, but don't be stupid 😉

flyfree

I fly at a field hosted by a city park, and the parks are allowed to stay open so far. Lately I've been the only one there. Most of the others are in higher risk categories (older or other health issues), so I imagine they're staying away right now. They're great people, but under the circumstances I don't mind.