Delta Ray doing completely weird: 1 motor starts spinning but nothing else functions?

silbo99

Hello there,

A friend of mine recently got his first plane: the Delta Ray. We fly together whenever we can, but a few days ago something weird happened. After a regular landing, my friend picked up his plane, and when he turned on his transmitter (he had turned it off after he landed), 1 motor started spinning at full power, but all other functions didn't work. The plane still acts weird, and we have no idea how to fix it. Could anyone possibly help?

Thanks in advance, it would mean the world to us if de plane would fly again.

Capt_Beavis

Posted a thousand or more times
make sure everything is plugged in properly. What happens if you put the battery in with the TX off?

silbo99

Whatever we do, TX on or off, everything plugged in again, it keeps doing this. I just though of re-binding it. Would that help?

Flyingninja

I would try re-binding it it, as you said. Make sure that none of the plugs are reversed or broken.

Hope this helps. :)

silbo99

We re-binded it, all controls function now, but the motor still spins all the time. The other motor works as well (when we give throttle), but the left motor just always spins at full throttle when connected.

Does anyone know what we can do?

Ron B

Posted a thousand or more times
make sure all trims are at neutral on the tx and set throttle trim to lowest setting as it sounds like your rudder trim is off center and this might cause it to stay throttled up.

ruud

If you look in the rcgroups thread about the Delta Ray, it appears that one motor spinning all the time is a common failure mode of the controller board (likely one of the output FETs is shorted).