Help! E-MAX RS 2205 2300 Kv motor from a Flite-Test Arrow Value Pack is clogging, what is the problem?

looking back to the beginning of your prolems, i would start a process of elimination.
1) battery voltage checker
2) another rx
3) another esc

1) battery voltage checker result - 11.1 V, just as the box says
2) another rx - I don’t have another rx, but I used the same rx with different electronics, and it works fine.
3) another esc - I used a different esc with the same rx, and the circuit powered up fine.

bisco

Elite member
1) battery voltage checker result - 11.1 V, just as the box says
2) another rx - I don’t have another rx, but I used the same rx with different electronics, and it works fine.
3) another esc - I used a different esc with the same rx, and the circuit powered up fine.

that is a discharged battery. it should be 12.6 when fully charged. makes sense now, considering your initial prolem of a sputtering motor.

maybe a bad charger, or your not programming it correctly

bisco

Elite member
I just unplugged it from the charger, and I’m getting 13 V
that's better, but too high. try it out and see if the rx comes on, maybe you fried it.

(bec = battery eliminator circuit) the 5v circuit is in the esc (electronic speed control) to run the rx and servos. it is automatic, not something you control. full power goes to the motor. you used to need a seperate battery for each, before this was invented.
you're not stupid, there's a lot of technical stuff in this hobby and a huge learning curve. after a year, i barely know anything.:sneaky:

Last edited:

Bifi.baarlo

Ok, so it looks like the receiver is fried. I’m going to buy another receiver. Any suggestions?
First check if there is 5V and ground, measure is with the receiver connected, if that is correct, than the receiver is the problem for 100% sure, also 13Volts is too much for a 3 cell lipo, there is a great chance for lipo fire or explosion, check your charger and discharge your lipo to 12,6V max as soon as possible.

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
First check if there is 5V and ground, measure is with the receiver connected, if that is correct, than the receiver is the problem for 100% sure, also 13Volts is too much for a 3 cell lipo, there is a great chance for lipo fire or explosion, check your charger and discharge your lipo to 12,6V max as soon as possible.
could it potentially be a high power lipo..... the new type that goes up to 3.9v per cell???