Extreme Squirreltail 300 Coming at you

Wildthing

Legendary member
@Wildthing - Rhino is a good package - you will have fun flying this one!
When I get stuck I have my guy Bimo in Indonesia that is very proficient with it , what takes me 2 weeks to do he does in 2 days. He has always been doing things like this, full animation and the list goes on. He is a owner in a big computer company down there . He has some software that he also will run the models through to see how the airflow is, basically something like a wind tunnel . I tried it and my computer is fairly strong but any tests in there for me would take 24 hours plus to see the results, he has really big computers :D .

Wildthing

Legendary member
Well 4 of the main sections are printed, one more to go. :)

I think my hot end block has a very slight leak through the threads, little brown droppings of burnt pla every so often . For some reason to white pla just seems to print like crap compared to another color in the same brand , ticks me off. I will burn up this roll on motor mounts and other little things like that where looks are not quite as important.
2020_0217_172714_001.JPG
2020_0217_172722_002.JPG
2020_0217_172755_003.JPG
2020_0218_065436_001.JPG
2020_0218_065447_002.JPG

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
Well 4 of the main sections are printed, one more to go. :)

I think my hot end block has a very slight leak through the threads, little brown droppings of burnt pla every so often . For some reason to white pla just seems to print like crap compared to another color in the same brand , ticks me off. I will burn up this roll on motor mounts and other little things like that where looks are not quite as important.
View attachment 158422 View attachment 158423 View attachment 158424 View attachment 158425 View attachment 158426
Do you have an estimated weight of this thing?

Wildthing

Legendary member
Well canopy is half designed, need to still build in the latch mechanism mount and then slice it into 2 pieces to fit the printer :) .

Oh and I did get all the foam parts laid out into pdf plans and then are off at Staples being printed.

In the works 45.jpg
In the works 46.jpg