Extreme Squirreltail 300 Coming at you

Wildthing

Legendary member
@Wildthing Thanks for all the photos. Even Noobies building slabside designs can learn more about the direction they want to migrate towards as skills improve. Your posts are very helpful & inspiring, seeding new ideas.
6 years ago I never flown or scratch built a plane mind you design one, all this info I obtained is through the people all around us here on these forums. Huge wealth of information right at your finger tips and if you get stuck just ask and you will receive more then enough help.

Wildthing

Legendary member
Control surfaces are covered and hinged, getting better, not as many wrinkles :D . The vertical and horizontal will be covered next but only the rough portion that won't be covered up by the fuse and then the control surfaces can be glued on.

Also glued on a couple pieces of foam that I can sand down to basically act as a former for the FB around the wing rather then having gaps. Once the fuse is done and on then I will install the wings and trace out the cuto outs.

2020_0221_155754_001.JPG
2020_0221_155958_001.JPG
2020_0221_160004_002.JPG
2020_0221_162112_001.JPG

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor

Wildthing

Legendary member
I really like the looks of it!!! I bet it will fly really well!!
I was going to invite you to do the maiden but after your last maiden I am not so sure anymore :D .

if it flies good or even at all I will be happy. If it performs good for 3D I will be even happier but even if it flies like crap I have fun doing this.

I have 2 of these motors so tomorrow I am going to go pick up some props and get the thrust stand out and see what I can come up with . It is suppose to handle up to 6S and deliver 1600 watts of power so we will soon find out.

OliverW

Legendary member
I was going to invite you to do the maiden but after your last maiden I am not so sure anymore :D .

if it flies good or even at all I will be happy. If it performs good for 3D I will be even happier but even if it flies like crap I have fun doing this.

I have 2 of these motors so tomorrow I am going to go pick up some props and get the thrust stand out and see what I can come up with . It is suppose to handle up to 6S and deliver 1600 watts of power so we will soon find out.
I guarantee it will fly well and do some 3D if nothing else lol. I want to see videos of you doing a flush with it!!!