Solved Finishing up FT Simple Cub - where/how do I mount battery, receiver, etc?

Watched the build video, power pod construction videos, and radio setup videos several times, and I don't see much in the way of recommendations about how/where to mount the battery and receiver for the Simple Cub! I'm prepared to make up my own solution and solve for access + center of gravity, but I'd love to stand on the shoulders of giants here if it was designed in a certain way.

Can anyone point me to the right resource, or at least make some recommendations/post what they did?

Wellp, I gave it a try myself:
  • ESC taped under the power pod as shown in the video
  • Receiver velcro'ed down inside the power pod just ahead of the aft BBQ skewer
  • LONG strip of velcro inside the power pod between the two electronics pass-through holes in the floor for mounting the battery
  • Allows me to mount the battery further forward or rearward inside the power pod depending on CG as tested
Things I'm not stoked about with this setup:
  • Requires removal of the wing for power connect/disconnect/battery swap
  • Battery leads are stiff enough that it's a pain navigating inside the power pod to get it velcro'ed down after connecting
  • Rats nest of servo wires
Still open to any tips!

daxian

Elite member
find what is best for you and go with it ...
i went with battery under the pod ,esc and reciever inside ...easier for battery connect /disconnect,with a 1300 3 cell lipo flew well !!this is the maiden with 3 channel rudder elevator and throttle....

find what is best for you and go with it ...
i went with battery under the pod ,esc and reciever inside ...easier for battery connect /disconnect,with a 1300 3 cell lipo flew well !!this is the maiden with 3 channel rudder elevator and throttle....

Awesome, thanks! May switch to this setup depending on how annoying it is to remove the wing for battery swaps...