Flippin' Confused

jhitesma

Some guy in the desert
Mentor
I suspect that Naze was partly picked to annoy/make fun of Naza based on Timcop's opinion of Naza.

The actual name is: 「なぜ」 which he just says is pronounced "Naze" a bit of work with google translate says that actually translates as "why" but I know literal translations of Japanese writing often quite miss the mark.

Tritium

Amateur Extra Class K5TWM
For reasons I do not know Time Cop who makes the Naze seems to DISLIKE DJI quite a lot even to the point he tells everyone buying his hardware that it is not to be used with DJI parts. ;)

Naze, I read somewhere is a figure from Japanese folklore / religion?

Thurmond

cranialrectosis

Faster than a speeding face plant!
Mentor
Tell me. Is there a correlation between Naze and Naza (ala DJI)? Or do they just sound the same?

Wow. Don't let Timecop read this. :)

He has a PASSIONATE HATRED for all things DJI. I have been reading his old posts and the vitriol he spits at DJI and people who fly DJI is toxic. It makes me wonder if he is a disgruntled employee.

FinalGlideAus

terrorizing squirrels
Send him an email asking for suggested PID's on the Naze for you flamewheel 450 and see the reply you get. :D
Whilst I'm not as vocal as he is I do tend to agree with most of his statements about the DJI stuff, just not quite in the words he puts it in...

Proof is in the pudding when his $20 board will make a couple of hundred dollar NAZA look like yesterday's uneaten soggy breakfast cereal.

cranialrectosis

Faster than a speeding face plant!
Mentor
Send him an email asking for suggested PID's on the Naze for you flamewheel 450 and see the reply you get. :D
Whilst I'm not as vocal as he is I do tend to agree with most of his statements about the DJI stuff, just not quite in the words he puts it in...

Proof is in the pudding when his $20 board will make a couple of hundred dollar NAZA look like yesterday's uneaten soggy breakfast cereal.

lmao. I'd try the PID email suggestion but I like his board and I don't want him to ban me for life, or send me a snake with my next order. I think the dude is brilliant but not customer facing. I checked out his blog, http://www.tarduino.cc/. The main page is stonertronics: where assburgers and electronics furiously collide.

I think that title page speaks volumes. Maybe this is where the magic smoke in the Naze 32 comes from. :)