Flite Fest 2020 CANCELLED

Fidget

Can’t find a link to but tickets for FF Ohio - anyone have it?

Not available yet. They'll be at fliteFest.com. Currently they haven't updated it for 2020. Shouldn't be too much longer. I think it was about this time last year that it opened up. My guess would be after the FAA NPRM comment period closes next weekend, since they're working on that right now also.

Not available yet. They'll be at fliteFest.com. Currently they haven't updated it for 2020. Shouldn't be too much longer. I think it was about this time last year that it opened up. My guess would be after the FAA NPRM comment period closes next weekend, since they're working on that right now also.
Thank!

RickyG

Can someone tell me if camping space is limited? My son and I are coming from Fort Worth and wanted to get there Friday morning. Would we have a good chance at finding a camping spot or should we try and get there Thursday?

I'll be coming up from Fort Worth as well! I can't wait!

Ricky

Captain Video

The drive from Columbus is about 90 minutes ish. If you need some information or perhaps a ride we could give you a ride. My two sons and I will drive out Thursday afternoon and stay all weekend for the full experience.

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
I think Alaskan has direct flights to Columbus from Seattle now. 😏

Southwest has direct flights from San Diego, but I'd be looking at $1000 round trip, hotel, food, rental car, etc. and I'd have to get creative on getting aircraft out there - baggage handlers don't generally take the best care of things when loading and unloading.

(and yes, I realize I might be able to camp out there and save money on a hotel room, but I have severe sleep apnea, which now requires me to sleep with a pressure mask; said machine requires power, and rocks and corn generally do not have power outlets. LOL)

I'm still holding out hope for another Flite Fest West, which would be drive-able for me and my dad, maybe my wife if it's in Northern California and she can visit her family...

LitterBug

Techno Nut
e920d86f9cccd4f24f3d22300a30e9de5c302cdde80cd81d576949c8859295328ee6e277bd48afca831ea7adac9bc405a4048646f1ef5db401d1f2b2d2134e35.png

FLITE FEST 2020 ANNOUNCEMENT

With a lot of deliberation and thought, we have decided to cancel Flite Fest 2020.

With the escalation of the Covid19 pandemic, we believe this difficult decision is necessary to keep the community, our employees and Flite Test safe for many years to come. Obviously many of you probably were expecting this with events such as the Summer Olympics postponing a year, but we wanted to make an official announcement so people don’t have to wonder anymore.

Flite Fest is such a magical event and the opportunity to spend time with you all for a weekend is the highlight of our year. We know this is really sad and difficult news for a lot of you to hear and we are right there with you.

If you have pre-registered for the event, thank you for your commitment and for making the time in your calendar. You will be receiving a notice of a refund soon if you haven't already.

A message from Josh at FliteTest

To our volunteers and wonderful people who help us with the event every single year, thank you! We know that people were already gearing up to help put on the event.

We considered waiting longer to see how things would change before fully committing to cancelling the event, but we would prefer to look back and say we were too cautious then to say we're too late with the decision. We know that people make travel arrangements, schedule vacation time and make financial commitments that are hard to undo.

We want to be sensitive to that and make sure that everyone has as much time as possible so it’s as painless as possible to revise your plans.

Although “social distancing” is a term that is going to be with us for a while, proximity distancing is probably a more accurate term. It’s our goal to be more social than ever while online and interacting with you, our community in more ways than we ever have before. We may not get to share a wonderful weekend together but we can connect, talk and be together online every single week and we plan to be there. We hope you will too.

Keep an eye on www.edgewaterairpark.com and subscribe for future updates. We hope to be having some smaller events announced for later in the year!

basslord1124

Master member
I heard the news first on Facebook Flitetest Fans Group where somebody had pre-registerred and they got an email about the event being cancelled...and now I am seeing the news on here as well. I'm sure we will see a formal announcement soon.

As much as I hate to hear the news (it was going to be my first year going too), I would rather things be done safely. So this doesn't surprise me either. Guess I shall try again next year. Not sure about any potential smaller events yet.

LitterBug

Techno Nut
I heard the news first on Facebook Flitetest Fans Group where somebody had pre-registerred and they got an email about the event being cancelled...and now I am seeing the news on here as well. I'm sure we will see a formal announcement soon.

As much as I hate to hear the news (it was going to be my first year going too), I would rather things be done safely. So this doesn't surprise me either. Guess I shall try again next year. Not sure about any potential smaller events yet.

The post above is the Email I received.

Mr.Grinch

I’m not sure I could see making a trip for a “smaller event”. I know I am closer than a lot of others, but driving 8 hours each way for an event that may or may not have much attendance or support from the FT crew. Plus cost and time off work. I’ll just have to wait till next years FF. Hopefully that one will happen.