Flite Test Design Engagement Challenge

Ok so who’s all gonna be part of the challenge, head count!

• Total voters

Crawford Bros. Aeroplanes

Legendary member
I think I may have decided on a build for this contest. I want a gentle low-wing trainer that flies nice and precise and doesn't feel "sloppy" like my Stick, which has such light wing loading it is physically incapable of flying in a straight line outdoors without constant control input. @The Hangar was bragging about his F7F, I like the idea of a gentle twin but obviously I can't enter his and I'd prefer something a bit easier to store, so I think I might build a de Havilland Mosquito at about 35-40" wingspan. It seems with a little bit of engineering I could make it fly really gentle.

bwarz

Master member
I think I may have decided on a build for this contest. I want a gentle low-wing trainer that flies nice and precise and doesn't feel "sloppy" like my Stick, which has such light wing loading it is physically incapable of flying in a straight line outdoors without constant control input. @The Hangar was bragging about his F7F, I like the idea of a gentle twin but obviously I can't enter his and I'd prefer something a bit easier to store, so I think I might build a de Havilland Mosquito at about 35-40" wingspan. It seems with a little bit of engineering I could make it fly really gentle.
I'll be watching for the plans :LOL: My son has been jonesing for a mosquito for a while now!

bwarz

Master member
hmmm.... kinda weird when one of your patterns ends up looking like underwear...:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::LOL::oops:
15985856697558340899396141446234.jpg

bwarz

Master member
Interesting. Looks good tho.
thanks:) looks goofy without the turtle deck skin. I've got some tweaks that I found after folding it all up. We'll see how it works out. Being my first custom i was a bit worried how it'd turn out but I'm feeling better about it now. I just gotta see how it's going to glide before I start with major tweaks. wings ended up a little short when I folded things up, the spar lines were off on the first try. Still deciding where to put the aileron servos. and I'm still undecided on the cowl... I'm too picky I think... 15985912479125348022880007238538.jpg