Flite Test Flite Fest - early roll call

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
Any word on when the kickstarter page may be up? My F5 key is threatening to file assault charges :)

I set myself up with the email notification. So my F5 key is… oh wait, I'm on a Mac, I don't have an F5 key. :D

AustinFurey

Staff member
Admin
Mentor
Yes, I have had the same problem. I also know from the videos that it is going to be held at Furey Field. I do not know why the address they gave is wrong.

Thanks everyone for replying to this thread. The response to Flite Fest has been overwhelming and the Kickstarter isn't even up yet! (Hoping for the next 48 Hours)

I have already copied and pasted a lot of questions from this thread to put together an official F.A.Q. in anticipation of the event being funded. So if you have a question, even if you know the answer but think it would be good to have in the FAQ, post it here and I will add it.

To answer the address question, here is the response in the FAQ and all addresses have been updated to reflect the answer:

The actual physical address for Flite Fest 2014 is:
8050 Avalon Rd NW
Malvern, OH 44644

However, some GPS devices do not recognize this address properly.
So we are asking people to use the address of the location across the street:

Flite Fest 2014
803 Robertsville,
Malvern, Ohio 44644

Thanks guys! You're awesome!

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
Hey Austin!!! Thanks for you and your family hosting this, I know we're all looking forward to the event!

Freaky_1

old headcase
Trying to work out the cost to see if we can make it happen. Hotels are out for cost, but we do have a camper, so need to look into that option.
Hoping to find a way.

Frank

lonewolf7717

To the AMA point....I totally get why and how this came about and agree...but that does mean I won't be flying at the event...more room in the car I guess. I know there are a ton of great AMA members...many of which are on this forum but due to some pretty bad past experiences with those affiliated with AMA I will never join based on personal principle. Ain't no thang, just means I can bring more photography gear.

Tritium

Amateur Extra Class K5TWM
To the AMA point....I totally get why and how this came about and agree...but that does mean I won't be flying at the event...more room in the car I guess. I know there are a ton of great AMA members...many of which are on this forum but due to some pretty bad past experiences with those affiliated with AMA I will never join based on personal principle. Ain't no thang, just means I can bring more photography gear.

I am in the exact same position regarding AMA membership. It would be wasted money for me for a 1 time use.

Thurmond

earthsciteach

Many thanks to your family for hosting this event, Alex! They are truly brave to open their property up as they are doing. I am certain that everyone will treat the airfield with the utmost respect.

Please, everyone... If you attend and see a piece of trash on the ground, pick it up. Park rules apply - leave it better than you found it!

bitogre

I haven't seen any "rules" or "requirements" for fliteFEST I heard in a pod cast in order to fly you have to be an AMA member. There was also a mention of most events requiring Lipo bags to charge in one of the FT videos. Little things like that could make this event a disaster if a bunch of people take time off work and travel only to find out they're grounded. Flitetest has been such a contributor to the RC community I would hate to see people go out of their way to visit and not be prepared.

Is there something I missed? If I could pull off making a trip out there I certainly would want to be prepared as I'm sure the rest of the FT fans would be too

Ok, it looks like they added an FAQ to the FliteFest website which now includes answers to many of these questions.

Team_Monkey

I am in the exact same position regarding AMA membership. It would be wasted money for me for a 1 time use.

Thurmond

I don't want to drift this thread but in case any really noobs are reading these comments...
There may have been ornery clubs or people connected with the AMA in the past, heck maybe in the present, but there was an article in the AMA magazine recently calling those folks out and telling them to get off their high horse. LOL

I fly at my home field 90% of the time but I feel the biggest part of my membership is an investment in the AMA lobbyists in Washington, DC. If we weren't paying those guys to talk on our behalf you can be sure FPV and maybe parts of our hobby at large would be at risk.

OK, thread drift off. If you really want to call me bad names just do it via message. See you all at FliteFest!

makattack

Winter is coming
Mentor
Wow, this is gonna be an expensive year in RC for me! I just couldn't resist the support level that included the Kraken Speed Build Kit!

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
Hey Mak! How's the Big Dig coming along? I left there about 8 years ago, and miss not being able to check out the results.

Is anyone bringing planes to sell or swap at the event? I know that at places like SEFF, some folks have started threads showing the planes they're bringing, and presell them so that they just swap cash for plane once they arrive.

makattack

Winter is coming
Mentor
@FlyingMonkey - if I could safely fly FPV over it, you'd be amazed. Surprisingly enough, it's done. It's just that there may be a few leaks and holes here and there to plug in and fix. It's really changed the place. You wouldn't recognize it. Heck, I still get turned around because I expect to see certain old landmarks/monstrosities that don't exist anymore.

I'm driving down in a Subaru Impreza, so I have limited space, and since I'm fairly new to the hobby (Sept 2013 was my first flight) I haven't got anything to sell/trade except for a single DTFB husk of a Versa Wing (original) that I "landed" in a tree. The electronics are now in a FT Blunt Nose Versa Wing that I will bring to fly.