Flite Test Flite Fest - early roll call

willsonman

Builder Extraordinare
Mentor
Is anyone bringing planes to sell or swap at the event? I know that at places like SEFF, some folks have started threads showing the planes they're bringing, and presell them so that they just swap cash for plane once they arrive.

Ooooh, thats a good one. I may have a couple things I may need to unload. I may sell my "goon" sans motor/esc/Rx. I'll have to have a look-see in the shop. Moderators... new thread sticky?

lonewolf7717

I have brought this to the attention of my FB rc related groups....reaction thus far has been "Hell yeah, I love the FT boys.....where and when?!" Time for a roll call list update???

Balu

Lurker
Staff member
Admin
Does anyone want to bet at what amount it will end? 50k? More? :)

lonewolf7717

any one know if mac hodges is making the trip north
To that I couldn't say, others may know but it would surprise me if he has not at least been formally invited by the FT team.....also wouldnt be a stretch to believe he is in some way providing some "know how" behind the scenes....he is very familiar with the ins and outs of how to set up such an event.

Team_Monkey

All set up and registered! I'll have to make an order between now and then though so I have the electronics for the new kits. :D Needed more batteries anyways, shoot I guess that's always how it seems.

Hey just to throw it out there, I do a couple of these friendly, homey, forum buddy type camp fly-ins a year. Those are held at regular AMA R/C fields. The pilot fee might be $55-$60 but there is no fee to camp at the field. The pilot fee also includes meals for Friday and Saturday. I feel if we're to be charged $40 for the two nights of camping there should at least be some sort of a lunch program or something. I'm local and will be bringing my camper so food isn't a problem for me and the fam', but for most events I just haul my tent. Keeping food fresh in late July might require a lot of ice. For the out of state travelers, wrapping in a meal program is a huge load off the amount of items to haul and keep iced.

I'd like to think with the funding at over $11k we're covered for some simple meals. :p Maybe even wave the camping fee? Goodness knows we'll be spending the money there somehow on extra food, kits or electronics from Lazer Toys.

That isn't meant to come off harsh so please don't read it that way, just sharing past experience. As I said, I'm paid up and really looking forward to it even if there are no changes to the program. I'll also be sending in that "I can volunteer!" email soon.

themajik1

Monkey/Bear Poker
Mentor
All set up and registered! I'll have to make an order between now and then though so I have the electronics for the new kits. :D Needed more batteries anyways, shoot I guess that's always how it seems.

Hey just to throw it out there, I do a couple of these friendly, homey, forum buddy type camp fly-ins a year. Those are held at regular AMA R/C fields. The pilot fee might be $55-$60 but there is no fee to camp at the field. The pilot fee also includes meals for Friday and Saturday. I feel if we're to be charged $40 for the two nights of camping there should at least be some sort of a lunch program or something. I'm local and will be bringing my camper so food isn't a problem for me and the fam', but for most events I just haul my tent. Keeping food fresh in late July might require a lot of ice. For the out of state travelers, wrapping in a meal program is a huge load off the amount of items to haul and keep iced.

All set up and registered myself! I agree that food id one of the biggest issues as I will be traveling about 800 miles to get there. I would like to be able to take the bare necessities so I have more room for planes.

I'd like to think with the funding at over $11k we're covered for some simple meals. :p Maybe even wave the camping fee? Goodness knows we'll be spending the money there somehow on extra food, kits or electronics from Lazer Toys.

While I understand what you are saying here, I don't mind paying for my food and camping at all. Just the less I have to pack with me the better!

That isn't meant to come off harsh so please don't read it that way, just sharing past experience. As I said, I'm paid up and really looking forward to it even if there are no changes to the program. I'll also be sending in that "I can volunteer!" email soon.

Didn't sound harsh, and I am trying to be sure I am there as well and looking so forward to meeting everyone!!!

themajik1

Monkey/Bear Poker
Mentor
Well, the kickstarter page shows $15,030.00!!! Looks like this thing is going to be well funded and well attended!!! Good job to all of the people that have donated and signed up, going to be a fantastic time!

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
I will be attending with my son, brother, and nephew. I'm planning on camping as well. We are all new pilots (1 year) and this will be the first event that any of us have attended. I will be adding to the Kickstarter funding as well. Thanks Flite Test and all the supporters who are making Flite Fest 2014 happen.

Timgfoley

I vote the next stetch goal should be the following:

- cover the costs to fly David and his wife for the weekend for flitefest.

I know I'd gladly donate another couple hundred to see this happen!

Cheers
Tim