Flitefest 2017: Who will be there?

jsknockoff

Mentor
Just kind of curious who will be at Flitefest this year representing from the balsa forum?

I've scheduled my tentative vacation days at work this week and as soon as the dates are locked down 100% I'm reserving a hotel room. I'll be there all 4 days. It would be nice to meet some of you guys in person.

Joker 53150

Mmmmmmm, balsa.
Mentor
I plan to be there for the 4th time, bringing my dad again, hopefully. We have a large training event at work for our customers, and my department plays a big role in it, although I don't personally have to do much. Of course, it's the same week as FTFF, so that could be a problem. The training ends on Thursday, so worst case is I leave work and drive all night. Hopefully our GM lets me take off Thrs and Fri so I can make it for all 4 days. If there is room, I'm. Ringing my 1/4 scale Pietenpol, the Astro-Hog, and the EVA Bipe. Gotta keep room to bring back stuff from the vendors!

Joker 53150

Mmmmmmm, balsa.
Mentor
South of Malvern in Carrolton are some good places. We stayed at the Candlewood Suites the last two years and liked it.

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
I plan to camp at FF East again. With luck, I'll be able to get most of the week of off and be there early for tent and electric setup. If that works out again, I'll have tent/pavilion space up close to the flight line and a build tent - a benefit of showing up for 3 days of working the site :) - and will happily share shade and root beer with all.

I'll probably bring just one balsa plane with me. I do take to heart that Flite Fest is the place to bring the friends you love, and the planes you don't. :)

kacknor

Build another!
I'll be there for sure. Will camp onsite and bringing SWIMBO this time too. 4 days, may show up on Wednesday again if it's possible.

JD

jsknockoff

Mentor
I'll probably bring just one balsa plane with me. I do take to heart that Flite Fest is the place to bring the friends you love, and the planes you don't. :)[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the same thing, I'll probably bring one balsa plane too just in case there is a bit open air space. I do plan to build a small fleet of foamies to throw in the car though. After I finish the EVA and my Four Star, I'm gonna start on something special out of foam board to hopefully wow the masses, lol.

abieex

Mentor
FF2017 and the Toledo show are already on the calendar, would not miss either one! Trying to get my F6F Hellcat completed along with a couple of new designs. I hope Flying Monkey can make it this year.

willsonman

Builder Extraordinare
Mentor
I do plan to be there and representing the balsa scene as well. Lets hope things improve over last year as they have over previous years.

AkimboGlueGuns

Biplane Guy
Mentor
Will the Sikorsky be making another return trip? I never did get to spot for you (flying the S-39) last year before the mishap.

willsonman

Builder Extraordinare
Mentor
More than likely not. Its rather cumbersome and the quick storage in the event of weather makes it more problematic. While I love my big airplanes, they have drawbacks. Come spring I'll get some video of her in a pool for you.

Crazy Goats

I'll probably bring just one balsa plane with me. I do take to heart that Flite Fest is the place to bring the friends you love, and the planes you don't. :)

I agree with Rocky too. That is not the place to fly your "Pride and Joy" balsa plane.

Last edited:

Joker 53150

Mmmmmmm, balsa.
Mentor
Early morning is prime time for flying the good stuff, before the skies fill up. After that, is time to build, hang out, and watch the carnage.