FliteTest Master Series P47 Razorback

vtelikicherla

Hi Guys,

I just completed by Maiden flight of the FliteTest Master Series P47 Razorback. My 1st master series build and quite happy with the end result. The specs of the plane are: Motor: Flite test Radia 2212B 1050kV motor with a 10 x 5 prop, 40 amp esc, 3s 3200 mah LiPo. Used the MakerFoam white foam board and the AUW was 950gms.

After the maiden flight and trimming, I flew with a 4s LiPo and this was sure a better combination. Going to now work on painting the plane.

Link to the maiden flight
Link to the landing

Ketchup

4s mini mustang
Nice! It did look like a really smooth landing. I noticed that the plane seemed to want to yaw left, is that just wind or something?

vtelikicherla

Nice! It did look like a really smooth landing. I noticed that the plane seemed to want to yaw left, is that just wind or something?
That’s super observant on your part. Yes the plane initially was not flying straight and this was due to the rudder trim. I messed up a bit on the placement of the main landing gear. Had it at the CG point rather than ahead of the CG point, so was tending to nose dive as it was taxing and tail lifted off the ground. So overall while taxing the plane was very twitchy. Had to give the rudder left trim to compensate for the slight camber on the road to avoid going into the sand.
Corrected the trim around 2 mins into the flight.