FlySky module binding issue

ben-king

I'm looking at upgrading my TGY 9x Radio for the FrSky Taranis. However having 10 models each with their own 9xV2 RX makes the upgrade much more expensive than first thought when considering changing out all the receivers.
I've looked into the FlySky module with the idea of using that to bind my 9xV2's to the Taranis, but all I'm seeing on forums and youtube is that after binding the receiver stops working? Every post and video I've seen is also only with the 9xR. As far as I can tell, no-one has tried this with the Taranis. I can't even tell if the FlySky module is comparable with the FrSky Taranis in the first place.
Can anyone shed some light on this for me?

RAM

Posted a thousand or more times
Don't confuse fLysky with fRsky

There's very little info out there on the fLysky brand.

brettp2004

Can you post a link to the Flysky module you're talking about? Also, I haven't tried it but I would think you could modify the module that is currently in your 9x and use it in the Taranis. You would probably just have to move the antenna to come out of the module. I'm sure someone on here has done it or can tell you how.

ben-king

Can you post a link to the Flysky module you're talking about? Also, I haven't tried it but I would think you could modify the module that is currently in your 9x and use it in the Taranis. You would probably just have to move the antenna to come out of the module. I'm sure someone on here has done it or can tell you how.

This is the FlySky module.
http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-F...-TM002-For-2_4G-9CH-Radio-System-p-66598.html

And yes I've tried modifying the 9x module, but to dissastres affect. Ended up losing signal to my Quad with my GoPro on it, failsafe ironically failed and I watched a good $1000 fly away from me. Extremely luckily thanks to Facebook I got in touch with someone who found it about 5km north of where I took off.
So after that, I simply don't trust my mod-job/soldering skill level. Hence why I want to buy a marketed version.

ZoomNBoom

Its an interesting question. Id test it for you if I could, because I have a taranis, a turnigy 9x and should still have a flysky module, but I dont think I still have the receiver. I'll look, but make no promise. I suspect it should work, the module should be pin compatible because you can do it in the other direction (install a frsky DJT in a flysky / 9x). The taranis firmware lets you select different modes for the external module: XJT, DJT, the DSM stuff and plain PPM. My guess is you need the latter, but you may also need to play with the associated PPM frame rate setting. It defaults to 22.5ms 300u. I vaguely recall having to change such settings on my old 9x radio before my frsky module worked, so it would make sense if the opposite is also true.

All that said; frsky receivers are fairly cheap, especially if you need no more than 4 channels (I buy all D4R's I can get my hands on). And you probably dont need a receiver for each plane, you're not likely to bring 10 planes to the field, and swapping receivers can be done simple and fast with some creativity. I tend to hot glue all the servo wires together and make a mark so it becomes like a single plug.