Fr Sky Taranis Haptic Feedback Mod

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
I hope he got it. We've always said that, but I think it's more of an IT expression...

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
ID 10 T...another popular IT error...or the cause of many errors, to be more accurate.

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
Make sure the case is still included. Some places have stopped sending cases to save on shipping.

robschonk

Make sure the case is still included. Some places have stopped sending cases to save on shipping.

Mainly because the cases are junk. Aloft was having a terrible time with cases damaged in transit. Thin aluminum over thin plywood, the patterned aluminum gets creased real easy. ReadyMadeRC was selling them for $5 off without the case, which is what I did for my second radio.

I wouldn't let the case be the deal breaker, and don't expect a substantial case. But otherwise, why not?

Krtismo

They are doing an update to the Taranis series. Haptic feedback and a six position mode switch are parts of that. afaik you can get all parts and upgrade your old version to the new one.

Could elaborate on this update? Are you talking about a software/firmare update, or a new version of the actual Taranis radio?

Kurt0326

Your ADD Care Bear
Mentor
Could elaborate on this update? Are you talking about a software/firmare update, or a new version of the actual Taranis radio?

Both Haptic Feedback and six position switch are parts you add to your Taranis. The six position switch replaces one of the toggle switches on the radio.

Kurt0326

Your ADD Care Bear
Mentor
I should just make a new thread just for Taranis since there seems to be tons of questions about it.

Balu

Lurker
Staff member
Admin
Both Haptic Feedback and six position switch are parts you add to your Taranis. The six position switch replaces one of the toggle switches on the radio.

They are doing a new model (Taranis+ IIRC) that has these features on board. But they also said that you can get all updates as replacement parts to allow upgrading from older models.

Ludodg

Sorry for reviving an old thread .. But this still seems the place to post about Taranis to me ...

Does any of you guys have more info on that six-position-switch?
I would really like one to be able in an easy way to program my Taranis for PID-tuning on my multicopter.

HawkMan

Sorry for reviving an old thread .. But this still seems the place to post about Taranis to me ...

Does any of you guys have more info on that six-position-switch?
I would really like one to be able in an easy way to program my Taranis for PID-tuning on my multicopter.

This is the main difference between the regular taranis and the plus.

with the regular you need to replace S1 or S2 with the 6 position. on the plus version there is a extra set of connection points on the PCB to solder on the wires for the 6 position selector so you can have it in addition to S1 and S2.

you can order it from towerhobbies or boltRC. one or the other may be better depending on where in the world you are.

Balu

Lurker
Staff member
Admin
I don't think there's a lot to say about it. You can get a six position switch as a replacement part. If you have a X9D plus, there's an additional S3 port where you can connect the switch, but you have to drill a new hole somewhere.

If you don't have the plus or don't want to add a hole to your Taranis case, you can replace one of the existing pots.

The switch basically works like a pot with six fixed positions.