Red Bull to Cliche?

• Total voters

mach1 rc

Master member
I think I'll be putting electronics in this one instead of my F-22
15787209301505328040769765393500.jpg

mach1 rc

Master member
Well the maiden went well untill I decided to go inverted down wind. The wind caught my tail and down it camešŸ™„šŸ’„ But thankfully all that's damaged is a broken propšŸ˜ƒ sorry I thought I got a video but I didn't realize my camera was flipped around so all I got was a video of my hatšŸ˜³

K3V0

Elite member
I had a maiden flight today too!
6F044C2D-E389-4167-9334-FB7F3DB46BE4.jpeg
and it lasted all of about 30 seconds šŸ˜•
2C28F2F3-007E-4AEC-8ED9-12FB889CE3F9.jpeg

This was a huge failure! However, as I gathered the wreckage and walked back to the group I was actually pretty happy with the short amount of time I had with the Edge. I had been waiting to maiden this plane all week. But as mentioned before I wasnā€™t feeling overly excited about flying. But the weather was fantastic and the sea was sparkling, so I was feeling good about this flight.
I got set up to fly and with a really sketchy take off I was flying. I climbed and tried some rolls and went for a loop. The plane was about 100 yards away but I thought I could still see my orientation. I tried to pull out of the dive but, no response and I watched as I lanced straight into the hard sand.
I assumed a combination of bad orientation and lack of concentration were the culprits and I was mad at myself for not being more familiar with the stripe pattern and having the apparent attention span of a jack russell terrier. But a few hours later I could face the autopsy and realized that the problem was a stuck elevator. My cheap and quick control horns seem to be the problem. I started to make them out of tupperware plastic, and while this works great on the minis, it is not adequate for larger planes. Especially a plane where giant control surfaces need responsive and reliable actuation.
I was ecstatic to realize this! The problem was not with my flying (definitely still a work in progress) the problem was awarding the build contract to the lowest bidderšŸ˜†
Iā€™m really bummed that I donā€™t get to fly this plane again. Iā€™ll make a new one and take my time in the small details too. In the mean time, Iā€™m grateful for the lessons I did learn. Sometimes it feels like Iā€™m up in the air and thereā€™s no problems. Just a walk in the park, you know? Today wasnā€™t that but then, Lifeā€™s a beach and then you dive. šŸ˜‰

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
@K3V0 thatā€™s a beautiful plane buddy! Too bad about the crash though. I buy the ft control horns. After I ran out I started cutting out my own, but found it such a pain and decided itā€™s worth paying the 25 cents per control horn... When you look at it that way, itā€™s really not that bad. :)

K3V0

Elite member
@K3V0 thatā€™s a beautiful plane buddy! Too bad about the crash though. I buy the ft control horns. After I ran out I started cutting out my own, but found it such a pain and decided itā€™s worth paying the 25 cents per control horn... When you look at it that way, itā€™s really not that bad. :)
Thank you! I 100% agree with you there. Either Iā€™ve got to take the time to cut out nice and solid parts or buy em. Im not sure any shortcut Iā€™ve tried to take in this hobby has actually saved time.

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Thank you! I 100% agree with you there. Either Iā€™ve got to take the time to cut out nice and solid parts or buy em. Im not sure any shortcut Iā€™ve tried to take in this hobby has actually saved time.
Lol. My little jigsaw is so loud, and I have to have my fingers less than a centimeter away from this spinning blade, and I was like ā€œthis is stupidā€ and I placed an order from the ft store...

Tdugar

I had a maiden flight today too! View attachment 154254 and it lasted all of about 30 seconds šŸ˜• View attachment 154255
This was a huge failure! However, as I gathered the wreckage and walked back to the group I was actually pretty happy with the short amount of time I had with the Edge. I had been waiting to maiden this plane all week. But as mentioned before I wasnā€™t feeling overly excited about flying. But the weather was fantastic and the sea was sparkling, so I was feeling good about this flight.
I got set up to fly and with a really sketchy take off I was flying. I climbed and tried some rolls and went for a loop. The plane was about 100 yards away but I thought I could still see my orientation. I tried to pull out of the dive but, no response and I watched as I lanced straight into the hard sand.
I assumed a combination of bad orientation and lack of concentration were the culprits and I was mad at myself for not being more familiar with the stripe pattern and having the apparent attention span of a jack russell terrier. But a few hours later I could face the autopsy and realized that the problem was a stuck elevator. My cheap and quick control horns seem to be the problem. I started to make them out of tupperware plastic, and while this works great on the minis, it is not adequate for larger planes. Especially a plane where giant control surfaces need responsive and reliable actuation.
I was ecstatic to realize this! The problem was not with my flying (definitely still a work in progress) the problem was awarding the build contract to the lowest bidderšŸ˜†
Iā€™m really bummed that I donā€™t get to fly this plane again. Iā€™ll make a new one and take my time in the small details too. In the mean time, Iā€™m grateful for the lessons I did learn. Sometimes it feels like Iā€™m up in the air and thereā€™s no problems. Just a walk in the park, you know? Today wasnā€™t that but then, Lifeā€™s a beach and then you dive. šŸ˜‰
Dang sorry bud