• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
FT Edge

FT Edge 1.0

flitetest

Administrator
Admin
flitetest submitted a new resource:

FT Edge - FT Edge Free Plans

Description:
The Flite Test Edge is based on the Zivko Edge 540 V3, which is a great aerobatic plane and also a very popular choice for pilots competing in the Red Bull Air Races. The FT Edge captures the crips lines of the real Edge while offering a wide flight envelope capable of doing anything from smooth pattern flying to extreme aerobatic maneuvers. Appealing to both sport fliers and 3D...
Read more about this resource...

PsyBorg

Fly Angry
Mentor
I am building this from printed plans. This does take a bit more effort to accurately trace, mark, and cut the most of the other builds I have done.

Just be aware even the width of the pen you use makes a differency in accuracy when scratch building this one.

Its very fun and busy build just plan to take more time then normal builds. This is not a two day build as it is extremely well designed and structurally sound.

DamoRC

Mentor
Click on the first link - the one that says "FT Edge - FT Edge Free Plans"

This will open the resource page - then click on the "Download" button that appears in the upper right.

DamoRC

Merv

Hi
Could I attempt to make it out of light cardboard and which power pack does it use
Thanks
I think you could make it out of cardboard but foamboard or depron would be better choice. I would not recommend the Edge as your first build. The Edge is an advanced plane, tougher to build and fly. You would be better off to start with a trainer plane. The Storch or Bushwhacker would be a better choice to start with.