Ft Racer powered by NTM EF1 pylon motor on 4s

Habakkukk

Fly Eagles, Fly!
Hello! I'm new to Flite Test forums and really to the hobby in general(began flying back in February). I saw a thread a couple weeks ago asking about a good 4s setup for the ft racer and the NTM ef1 from hobby king came up. Well as it happens, about a month ago I mounted one to my own ft racer, and so I thought I would share my results.

Video is from one of my earlier flights, ill take another and get it a little lower as its kinda hard to tell exactly how fast it's traveling in the video. I'm running it on a 4s 2200 nanotech 70c, spinning a 9x7 MAS prop, 70A esc. This makes the motor only slightly warm. I tried it on 8x8 and prefer the 9x7.

To get it to fly right I made the following adjustments:
-new 4in. solid styrofoam firewall with about 10 degree right thrust angle
image.jpg

-replaced powered pod with a hatch
image.jpg

-new elevator and rudder. Elevator has 2x the control surface, rudder and elevator both reinforced with foam spars and bass wood underlying.
image.jpg

-wings reinforced with carbon spars and covered in 2 layers of bidirectional fiber tape.
-added working scoops to cool the esc/battery (battery doesn't need it, still kinda neat)
image.jpg

Overall I'm pleased with the results. I've doubled with AUW of the original ft racer, but with result is a solid feeling plane with a lot of power. Thanks Flite test for a great plane!