• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

FT Simple Cub 60%

Maxx

Allo everyone !

I just started to build a mini Simple Cub with the electronics of UMX Radian .
j3 002.JPG j3 008.JPG j3 005.JPG j3 006.JPG j3 009.JPG j3 010.JPG
I use yellow Adams ready board ( not the water proof ) and since it's yellow on one side only , I glue the yellow paper on the white side .
When it's done drying under weight so it doesn't warp , I put packing tape over it . I glue that paper with Elmers stick and all the foam is glued with Foam-tac ( I love that stuff ).
Other than the UMX Radian's electronics, I bought two 1.25" mini Lite Wheels and Sport Cub Props and sinners .
Feel free to leave a comment ...
Will be posting as the work progress .
Thank you !

Maxx

That's awesome! What happened to the radian? The umx radian is one of my favorite planes!
I crashed it too many times LOL! That was the first plane I flew and I had no simulator practice ... It's the tail that was the problem and I couldn't repair it anymore ( after 5 times ). It was very fun to fly ,but it's a bit fast ... The ground comes fast LOL !
Thanks dude !

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Allo everyone !

I just started to build a mini Simple Cub with the electronics of UMX Radian .
View attachment 193076 View attachment 193077 View attachment 193078 View attachment 193079 View attachment 193080 View attachment 193081
I use yellow Adams ready board ( not the water proof ) and since it's yellow on one side only , I glue the yellow paper on the white side .
When it's done drying under weight so it doesn't warp , I put packing tape over it . I glue that paper with Elmers stick and all the foam is glued with Foam-tac ( I love that stuff ).
Other than the UMX Radian's electronics, I bought two 1.25" mini Lite Wheels and Sport Cub Props and sinners .
Feel free to leave a comment ...
Will be posting as the work progress .
Thank you !
Cool, it looks good! I love seeing umx scratch builds, they are so much fun!

Maxx

Landing gear is done. It's 1mm piano wire tied and ca glued. The problem is that it weights 105 grams and the UMX Radian flying weight was 55 grams ( they say 43 gr ) . I wonder if that is not too much for that motor and prop . The prop is a 5x2.75 ( 130x70 ) .
j3 002.JPG j3 003.JPG j3 004.JPG j3 009.JPG j3 013.JPG j3 015.JPG
Please tell me what you think. Is it too heavy ?

Landing gear is done. It's 1mm piano wire tied and ca glued. The problem is that it weights 105 grams and the UMX Radian flying weight was 55 grams ( they say 43 gr ) . I wonder if that is not too much for that motor and prop . The prop is a 5x2.75 ( 130x70 ) .
View attachment 193338 View attachment 193344 View attachment 193340 View attachment 193341 View attachment 193342 View attachment 193343
Please tell me what you think. Is it too heavy ?
It looks fantastic! The only way to find out weather its to heavy is to fly it!

Maxx

ALL DONE !!! Need to program the transmitter and try it . The rudder struts are made of a carbon rod ( in the UMX Radian's wing ) and the wing struts are made of rubber bands barely under tension so it's streight . Fake motor is balsa . Total weight is 135 grams ( the xk800 flying weing is 110 grams ).
The CG is spot on . I will give feedbacks after the maiden :)

j3 028.JPG
j3 024.JPG

ALL DONE !!! Need to program the transmitter and try it . The rudder struts are made of a carbon rod ( in the UMX Radian's wing ) and the wing struts are made of rubber bands barely under tension so it's streight . Fake motor is balsa . Total weight is 135 grams ( the xk800 flying weing is 110 grams ).

View attachment 193456 View attachment 193458
Looks Great! Cant wait to see how it flys.

Last edited:

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor

View attachment 193456 View attachment 193458
Beautiful work, it really turned out nice!