FT Spitfire

stephen

You've won me with this one. Can't wait for plans I hope and the build of coarse. I'd buy the kit but the build from a drawing is as much fun as the flying. A stuker with a dive activated siren would be cool.

Gryf

What a striking design! It captures the spirit of the original beautifully, and will probably be my first build since stumbling onto Flitetest. Nice job David - I love the looks of the warbirds, and it appears that your Spitfire may be beginner-friendly enough for me to learn on. To date I've been fighting a 400-size heli, trying to learn to land without making expensive little crop circles... my real interest is in airplanes, and the sheer affordability of the Quick Build series has made me an instant fan.

Cheers,

Gryf

kah00na

I'm looking forward to these Spitfire plans being published! I'm working on a FT Bloody Wonder now. That will be my first experience of ever flying an airplane. I've been flying a quadcopter and tricopter for a couple of months but I'm ready for something on the less expensive side.

porsche911

Which MinWax polyurethane

What is the specific MinWax polyurethane being suggested by the FliteTest crew? Any application tips?

Thanks

zbowman

I was wondering if you could tell me the size of the spinner and propr you have on the painted Spit?

From what I heard on the build video it's a 2.25" (57mm) spinner.

I didn't see plans for the control horns though. Would be nice if those were included.

Kammo

I don't expect a response on this because I never get one on any of my questions, but where do I find the 2" to 2.25" spinner for a 1400kv motor?

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
I don't expect a response on this because I never get one on any of my questions, but where do I find the 2" to 2.25" spinner for a 1400kv motor?

Oh come on Kammo, you may not have gotten answers to every question in each post, but every post you've made (except the "thanks" posts) has been answered in some way. I've seen others posts go by without answer for various reasons, but for you, folks here have been very helpful. give 'em some credit.

In keeping with that spirit, the motor speed doesn't affect the spinner design nearly as much as the shaft size, but for the motors well sized for the spitfire, these should do:

http://www.valuehobby.com/accessories/spinners-prop-adapters/straight-prop-spinner/2in-nylon-spinner-white.html

http://www.valuehobby.com/accessories/spinners-prop-adapters/straight-prop-spinner/2-1-4in-nylon-spinner-white.html

They also have red, yellow and blue, but if you don't want those, white is the easiest to paint.

Kammo

Thank you very much Craftydan, that is what I have spent 4 hours looking for.
I did not mean you guys don't answer or help because you always do, just meant out of all the posts, emails, messages and facebook questions or comments Ive sent to "flite test" I have gotten 1 response ages ago and it was to tell me they couldn't help me. Thank god for you guys in forum land!!!

Thanks a lot Craftydan!!!