FT What Did You Do RC Today : Caution Offtopic At All Times

mrjdstewart

Legendary member
took some time. most was spent just piecing all the electronics together and making it work/fit. the plan was to go with a micro Rx and plugs. prob was i and another friend could never get the wiring to work. ended up going back to a normal JST-plug setup which made things even tighter. :oops:

20200304_172927.jpg

20200304_172939.jpg

20200304_172955 (1).jpg

20200304_173007.jpg

20200304_185505.jpg

96g AUW and 404g of thrust on 3S, or 500g on 4S. :devilish:

i had hoped to maiden this weekend but it is not 100% complete. it was done and i was programing and doing initial setup. it was obvious that i had way too much aileron throw. i decided to do a mechanical adjustment on the horns before using the Tx programing. on the first servo horn i tugged to hard and popped it, ripping the servo wire out of the control horn. totaled. :rolleyes: looked a few options and didn't like any of them. thankfully i emailed Josh @ J&H Aerospace and he responded saying he would send some new horns. so, now we wait.

good news is i have talked 2 other members into buying one of hisMini-Deamons and we are going to start a racing group. we decided on 1806 size, 12A max, 3S max. should be fun. :unsure:

laters,

me :cool:

Attachments

• 20200304_172955.jpg
    20200304_172955.jpg
    813.3 KB · Views: 0

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
I watched the new FT vid just now, the subject matter was kinda cool, not mind blowing though. It looked a bit like it was more of an experimental promotion of the Aurora gyro board, which is okay for FT. But here is where I have some reservations. The vid had the usual sponsor plug with Nord Locker, but the 8 minute video was hit with ads every minute in a half to 2 minutes. There was 4 ads along with the sponsor and the fact that FT was promoting the new gyro board. Just seemed like it was a commercial on top of four other commercials with a sponsor announcement. Felt like half time of the Super-bowl but no Beyoncé or Janet Jackson with a wardrobe malfunction. Where is the JUICE FT?!

Thorondor

Took a trip down my mental memory and remembered my first flights when I was four or five. I remember flying a glow trainer in what I believe was Realflight G3 (did not go well for the virtual aircraft). After that, I tried my hand at a real-life Parkzone Minium Citabria in a parking lot (I landed twice, yay), then my dad tried to get me flying a Stryker but a servo horn got pulled out mid-flight and it plummeted pretty violently. After all that excitement, I started flying a Champ and a Sport Cub S and the normal micro training stuff, then I got a foamy and learned 3D, and most lately I've been learning FPV freestyle on a Mobula7. I love this hobby.

Crawford Bros. Aeroplanes

Legendary member
P-47 is coming together. seem to keep shooting myself in the foot with this one but thankfully i am stubborn. :LOL:

View attachment 160877

if all goes well it will look like this...

View attachment 160878

paint should be easy but i got a call into @Rasterize to help with the decals. can't wait to see it fly.

laters,

me :cool:
That plane is at the museum I volunteer at. There are only two flying in the world and both are at Chino. That one is called Snafu.

speedbirdted

Legendary member
I’d take it! ;):LOL: I still don’t have any fuel powered planes...
lol you don't want this one. I freed the engine up, but it has zero compression (half the time Magnums come out of the factory with none anyway) and every square millimeter of it is caked in black castor crap. Whole firewall and most of the wood surrounding it is also mushy with oil. This is what happens when you don't use a muffler! No wonder I got this hunk of garbage for free...

OliverW

Legendary member
lol you don't want this one. I freed the engine up, but it has zero compression (half the time Magnums come out of the factory with none anyway) and every square millimeter of it is caked in black castor crap. Whole firewall and most of the wood surrounding it is also mushy with oil. This is what happens when you don't use a muffler! No wonder I got this hunk of garbage for free...
I have a Saito 1.80 that was the same way.. now it has so much compression that it snapped the gear legs on my pattern plane! It runs like a top tho