FT What Did You Do RC Today : Caution Offtopic At All Times

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Of course I want to jump on this as bravely as a man jumping on a grenade but I have trouble planning something and seeing it through. I have trouble planning a trip to the bathroom without it become a dire multitask operation.

But, if I were to go for it I think I would do the Mig-31 Foxfire, that or one of the planes from Stealth.

Hey... at least you can still remember where the bathroom is to even form a plan.:whistle:

DMC RC

DMC RC
Not really RC related but I have been in glacier national park the last couple of days and it has been awesome. the other day we saw two bears and a moose, not to mention the breath taking mountains. would have been epic to fly there but it's a national park so... one can dream.
IMG_2400.JPG
IMG_2845.JPG
IMG_2802.JPG
IMG_2743.JPG

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Yes Jim what specifically did you get to fly mate?

@DMC RC what a cool place to be. The perfect time of year too. Still waiting for the pics to load though...

All I did was glide test my Edge 540 build. Maiden soon though.

DMC RC

DMC RC
Yes Jim what specifically did you get to fly mate?

@DMC RC what a cool place to be. The perfect time of year too. Still waiting for the pics to load though...

All I did was glide test my Edge 540 build. Maiden soon though.
haha, good luck with the maiden, the edge Is looking fantastic.

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Got some packs charged, field pack loaded up, car loaded, and drove to the field. At that point a popup tboomer hit. So me and my buddy headed to the bar up the street to have a beer instead of flying.....

jaredstrees

Got some packs charged, field pack loaded up, car loaded, and drove to the field. At that point a popup tboomer hit. So me and my buddy headed to the bar up the street to have a beer instead of flying.....

That happens all the time here in Florida. Blue skies, no wind. Load up, drive to field, aaaaaaaand its raining. So frustrating. But beer is always a good compromise!

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
Have had a strange week here. Firstly I retired a design that I used to make and sell only to receive more orders the very day I gave away my prototype to a young club newbie.

My local club which i use as a group of test pilots, (don't tell them!), decided to run the hat around and pay my membership fees. Feel somewhat embarrassed but then they refuse to discuss the matter!

FT releases a new model which is similar to something I already have in final stages of testing. Thankfully there are massive detail differences and different approaches but it just feels weird!

Finally I NOW remember what happens on painting day of a batch of models for the local shop! I get wiped out and carry a migraine for a few days! Those solvents are murder on my metabolism. Sadly it is not during the painting that the solvents are a problem but as they are drying where a dozen models can fill a large area with the evaporating solvents.

Have fun! (I will go an have a rest now!).

Arcfyre

Elite member
Had a wing fold on my custom 60" Storch. Of course it had to crash in the water so I'm out a $30 80A ESC as well. Prop is destroyed, fuselage is likely totaled. I'm upset because this was my first "clean" airframe. Have had over 50 flights and never so much as a noseover and then this happens. The wing had a wooden paint stick spar in it and it cracked right through. Not sure what caused the failure but I'm pretty down about it. This was my favorite bird.

Attachments

• 20180817_193655.jpg
    20180817_193655.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • 20180801_140846.jpg
    20180801_140846.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1

Arcfyre

Elite member

Attachments

• ups-thumbnail.jpg
    ups-thumbnail.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 0

DamoRC

Elite member
Mentor

DMC RC

DMC RC
Neat I have always wondered about those postal vans, good to know the model! Thank you for keeping communication (and mostly online orders) going in the US! We all need our USA warehouse hobbyking shipments.