FT What Did You Do RC Today : Caution Offtopic At All Times

JTarmstr

Elite member
I finished all the decals for my Ft Mustang and will be flying it this Sunday. also cut out some templates for a new jet I am building.

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Uhhhh... well, been an unbelievably busy month for wheel bearings, ignition coils, half shafts, family, etc. So a lot of wrenching on cars, heavy lifting, job searching, etc... so not much time for RC...

DMC RC

DMC RC
I got a UMX timber AND OH MY GOODNESS IS IT INCREDIBLE. Not only does it look incredible (especially the lights), but it flies incredible as well. so so locked in! Here are some photos my sister got while I was flying:
IMG_3069.jpg

IMG_3058.jpg

IMG_3061.jpg

Here is a photo I took at night to demonstrate the lights:

IMG_3009.jpg

jaredstrees

Hai-Lee is correct on all accounts! Build one, you will not regret it. If it looks too dodgy to fly, I can still usually coax a flight out of the lil stick! Simple tough design that is forgiving yet can be acrobatic.

jaredstrees

You won’t regret it. This is the plane that truely taught me to fly. I’ve tried all the acrobatics I know on this plane before anything else. Still the only one I’ll fly inverted. And with all the crazy stuff, I’ve never crashed it. A few hard landings for sure. As long as you’re a few mistakes high you can correct it out of almost any problem.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
I did a second round of taxi tests on the edge 540 today trying to figure why it wont hop off the ground like every other one I have seen does.

Damo gave me a clue to try so round three tomorrow. Here is the video and if you have any other ideas please feel free to post them in my build thread to keep them all in one place.

b-29er

So, bit of a story, i went to my local RC airshow last year, and got an interesting nickname from the announcer..p-factor. And i do not believe they were talking about torque. So this year, i got a Strix Goblin, the full size, "please reinforce the elevon hinges if you go over 200mph in a dive" goblin at Flite Fest. I finally maidened it today, ripped a decal off the wing at full throttle straight and level, and seeing the impressive speed and bright orange shape, i coined a name: The Nuclear football.

So of course, with the nickname last year, i also decided "lets put an n-number, call it P-FACTR. It'll be fun." So i cut out these nice looking decals on the vinyl cutter, put them on the aircraft, and they look great.

20180909_000915.jpg

Only one problem, i didn't do my homework

After applying these decals to the plane, i decide "hey, lets see what country uses P as the lead for their n-numbers. I'll save you the trip to wikipedia, its NORTH KOREA.

So, now i have a plane that flies faster than any plane i have piloted before, including full scale, that is called "the nuclear football" and has a North Korean identification number on the tail, by sheer coincidence. Oh, and to top this all off, this goblin is going to be going to this year's airshow...which is tomorrow.

Fluburtur

Cardboard Boy
I got my new fpv goggles, the eachine ev200d!
First visor type goggles I have, they seem fairly proper but I haven't tested them much so far.

Seahunter

Had first ever flight of my quadcopter in FPV. Masses of transmission breakup of the video made me give up.....think the arial on the goggles is poor quality, so replacing it to see if my guess is right.
Still, got my heart rate up :):):)
Don't forget to use a spotter, even if you land out there; dis-orientation is easy when you take off the goggles :unsure::)

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
Don't forget to use a spotter, even if you land out there; dis-orientation is easy when you take off the goggles :unsure::)
I was on my own, no-one available to spot so kept flights quite close in, well within the mowed flying field, hence I was annoyed with the video break-up.
Just went back to line-of-sight so I could enjoy myself!!!

Seahunter

I was on my own, no-one available to spot so kept flights quite close in, well within the mowed flying field, hence I was annoyed with the video break-up.
Just went back to line-of-sight so I could enjoy myself!!!
It is easier when you are alone to stay oriented using a monitor mounted on your transmitter. Lots of affordable ones out there now. I have both, goggles are way more immersive and draw you into the moment. Beautiful up there! :giggle::giggle:

DamoRC

Elite member
Mentor
Reasonably good day at the field yesterday except for one thing.

My handsome Canuck.....

Finished.jpg

....took a full on nose dive after I gave it a terrible launch (launching was always a butt clencher because she is a little over 4 pounds and I am not getting the thrust I should be getting from the twin 70mm EDFs).

IMG_3752.JPG

To be fair - she took the hit pretty well and only a couple of sections in the nose were trashed - these came off pretty cleanly.

IMG_3753.JPG

Problem is, did you ever build a plane with which you have a love-hate relationship? The Canuck is one of mine. I love how it looks and how it cruises in the air but I have always been disappointed with the performance. So I will let it sit for a couple of days before deciding to fix it or just reclaim the parts and hang the carcass on the hall of fame.

DamoRC