FT What Did You Do RC Today : Caution Offtopic At All Times

Mr. Gandalf

Elite member
I finally painted my simple scout! This one has already flown a few times and has had one bad crash, but now it looks practically brand new. I also added a crudely drawn instrument panel and I was thinking of putting in a seat.

The only problem is that I began the paint job on the horizontal stab with my airbrush, but the compressor stopped working after I finished the top half of it so now the stab is bowed upwards and the elevator won't move, so I've got to fix it.

1561502118704.png

1561502296469.png

1561503171525.png

Wildthing

Legendary member
I finally painted my simple scout! This one has already flown a few times and has had one bad crash, but now it looks practically brand new. I also added a crudely drawn instrument panel and I was thinking of putting in a seat.

The only problem is that I began the paint job on the horizontal stab with my airbrush, but the compressor stopped working after I finished the top half of it so now the stab is bowed upwards and the elevator won't move, so I've got to fix it.

Just brush on the paint on the bottom and let it dry and see what happens.

Vimana89

Legendary member
Wind most of the day. Going to finish V-Lancer AET, and maybe start a tandem wing build. Debating on going with an AET tandem wing or a simple RET.

SlingShot

Maneuvering With Purpose
When you go to Isla Culebra from San Juan, PR, you get to ride in a 8 pax Guinea Pig 😎

download.jpeg

Last edited:

Paracodespoder

Elite member
Finally got out with the super bee fpv after a few weeks of absence, man it feels great to be under the hood of the goggles again :p. Clipped a tree and went to the ground on one flight, tossed it back in the air and continued till the battery was drained.

OliverW

Legendary member
I got some UMX timber flights in my backyard... Man is it cramped back there!! I am going to maiden my goblin tomorrow.

Hoomi

Master member
I cut out and did the preliminary assembly of the left replacement wing for the Sensei. Once I've cut out and assembled the right wing, I'll cut out the spot for the aileron servos, install the control horns on the ailerons, and feed the servo wiring through the wing, before gluing each wing to the old wing roots. So far, I'm happy with how this one turned out. Hopefully, the other turns out just as well.

If not, there's always more foamboard out there.

The new wings will give the plane a 62" wingspan, up from 58" for the original wing. I think this will help make up for the difference in the airfoil profile, which is thinner on the new wing than on the original.

P6281659.JPG
P6281658.JPG

Hoomi

Master member
If those wings work out, and the Sensei flies again, I'm thinking of renaming it from "Sensei" to "Fawkes," after Dumbledore's phoenix in the Harry Potter series. While it didn't go down in flames, I'm hoping it rises from the ashes.

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
Back after a brilliant day of flying. All maidens completed successfully but annoyingly the camera decided not to record anything. The Outlaw 250 was as noisy as expected and flew great. It doesn't have any real speed bit is so much fun pootling around at a metre or two.
The C-160 needed 30gms added to the none but otherwise flew gracefully and completely controllably.
Broke the tip of my right wing on the FT Goblin. Easy fix!!!
The Bloody Wonder I made for my friend, John, flew perfectly and he was over the moon with it.

Vimana89

Legendary member
It's almost noon,no wind all morning so far(knock on wood) already put two batteries through the V-Sliver twice and finally tested my Potensic D80. I have not linked FPV yet but tested its flight and handling, one button take off and landing, and return. It started out with headless on by default,which I quickly switched. I trained with a micro quad at first using headless, then later without it. Once I learned to fly without it I never saw the point of using it, especially after flying fixed wing. This quad is very smooth, and everything works well. Lights could be a bit brighter in the day.(This all sort of makes up for a flimsy cabinet in the garage falling on and destroying my AET V-Lancer airframe the other day during a sonic boom😫)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0

Vimana89

Legendary member
So Just after I posted that, I went back out and the wind was blowing like clockwork. I had an 850(usually use 650) and just said whatever, and flew anyways. I didn't fly for long, because the wind only continued to get worse, and it was really sketchy. I had a lot of good flights earlier in the morning and did some crazy maneuvers including some sweet high alpha, but all the footage was kinda crap because the camera angle was off and there were a lot of good parts missing where the plane is off screen. When I went out for the windy flight, my camera happened to be dialed in very well, so I got great footage where the plane barely leaves the screen at all.

Here's the short, sketchy, windy flight. There is a ton of wing rock(y)

OliverW

Legendary member
I crashed my 94" MXS. I took off and made a rookie mistake, my engine sagged and I kept the throttle at 3/4 causing it to quit. I couldn't get it to slow down and it floated off the end of the runway and flipped destroying my counter balance. My GP RV-4 landed and pulled the hinges out on the rudder and ripped the tail wheel off breaking the bottom of the rudder. I got the first flight on my goblin and it flew amazing! I got like 15 flights, and broke the nose off, but it is all ready to go again