FT What Did You Do RC Today : Caution Offtopic At All Times

Fluburtur

Cardboard Boy
I got the compressor working, turns out if the motor is not spinning the wrong awy it works better.
DSC_3868.JPG
DSC_3869.JPG

I also made a mockup combustion chamber to emulate the flow restriction a real jet engine has.
8.jpg
DSC_3871.JPG

This thing can create some presure which is nice, surprisingly it has some thrust without the combustion chamber attached but not much (about 90 grams)

I need to get some presure gauge to see how much presure I can get, until then I will probably try to add some fuel injectors and get it to work like that.

Crawford Bros. Aeroplanes

Legendary member
I got the compressor working, turns out if the motor is not spinning the wrong awy it works better.
View attachment 156776
View attachment 156777

I also made a mockup combustion chamber to emulate the flow restriction a real jet engine has.
View attachment 156778
View attachment 156779

This thing can create some presure which is nice, surprisingly it has some thrust without the combustion chamber attached but not much (about 90 grams)

I need to get some presure gauge to see how much presure I can get, until then I will probably try to add some fuel injectors and get it to work like that.
It might be a pretty effective EDF on its own without any combustion. Interesting project.

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
I wouldnt count on that, the thrust I get for the power I use is pretty crap.
EDF units are not supposed to compress air, many peoples dont get that they arent jet engines but just tiny props.
How does compressing air make more thrust without ignition of fuel gasses

Wildthing

Legendary member
View attachment 156776
View attachment 156777

View attachment 156778
View attachment 156779

How much compression do you need to ignite the fuel?

ScratchBuildMast

Elite member
View attachment 156776
View attachment 156777

View attachment 156778
View attachment 156779

When you turned the jet engine thingy around, I about had a heart attack!