FTCA & FT Value

CappyAmeric

Elite member
Exactly, I have bought a couple to help support FT but The DIY is the fun part of this for me. I build for the stress release and the hand cutting is the best street releaser.
Here’s how you can resolve your frustration: buy the Tutor SBK. Trace it out, cut it out, and give the SBK to a newbie friend and build them together. Win/win. That is what Josh recommended recently to people who truly wanted to help the hobby.

jfaleo1

Ok (and thanks) but you gotta chill a bit on this one. In hindsight I think maybe they should have changed, to charge $5/plan set. The online system runs on automatic, you're not even dealing with product. So it's all profit.
But can you imagine them sitting together trying to plan Josh's video announcing they'll now charge money for what they said was free??
Oh I should have been clearer here, I understand your point, no way could they do it for the free plans already out there. It is future plans, and I suggest, it as a perk of the FTCA "membership" or whatever they want to call it that there is access to some exclusive plans or even just for future plans in general. Yes they have to deal with it but as I said the promise needs to be considered broken now with the Tudor, it's just how it is dealt with that matters in the future.

jfaleo1

Here’s how you can resolve your frustration: buy the Tutor SBK. Trace it out, cut it out, and give the SBK to a newbie friend and build them together. Win/win. That is what Josh recommended recently to people who truly wanted to help the hobby.
My frustration IS the attitude that there is the answer you and a few others have, and no other could possibly be valid. My frustration is NOT ME getting the plans, and why does anyone need to get a kit, trace it out, and make plans that will never be perfect (as it is a tracing) when there are plans made that could be sold with a HIGHER PROFIT MARGIN to those who want them. I see your point, there is validity, why is it the only one you see?

Oh I should have been clearer here, I understand your point, no way could they do it for the free plans already out there. It is future plans, and I suggest, it as a perk of the FTCA "membership" or whatever they want to call it that there is access to some exclusive plans or even just for future plans in general. Yes they have to deal with it but as I said the promise needs to be considered broken now with the Tudor, it's just how it is dealt with that matters in the future.
You can't attach special plans access to FTCA membership! It was maybe distortedly conceived and implemented as a Special Thanks, but it's seen as a "you don't pay, you don't play." Go on FT, twist my arm a little harder.

I don't mean they should charge for already released plans. From today forward everyone still gets access to every plane we've drawn up and every plane we'll draw up in the future, but the new ones will cost a couple dollars. It's so simple even I can understand.

CappyAmeric

Elite member
You can't attach special plans access to FTCA membership! It was maybe distortedly conceived and implemented as a Special Thanks, but it's seen as a "you don't pay, you don't play." Go on FT, twist my arm a little harder.

I don't mean they should charge for already released plans. From today forward everyone still gets access to every plane we've drawn up and every plane we'll draw up in the future, but the new ones will cost a couple dollars. It's so simple even I can understand.
You know FTCA is non-profit, right?

jfaleo1

I Like the way you put it and agree, I'm just saying I would understand either way, but I agree any new plan should be a pay to get. I keep saying $5-$25 depending on size complexity and frankly desirability. A mini size plane may be $5, the Tudor might be a $20 while an F-18 may be $25 or more. Nearly pure profit pretty quickly if dealing in digital format. Again why is this an argument for some?

jfaleo1

Yeah but it has monetary needs to get where it is going. I offered my solution charge for new plans, make some exclusive to FTCA and charge for those too, I was president of a 501c3 org. we needed money to do business, dealing with the government costs money. $25 bucks a person ain't gonna cut it for long. They want to do a lot (GREAT, good on them, that's why I joined) any extra income stream is good especially one that costs little to nothing to implement or maintain. By the way donations are deductible but if you get something for it they are not as a rule so again income is needed all the time.

I know darn well.
So what you get is big numbers on paper "Our membership is eleventeen thousand strong and growing every day" and in truth 30% of those members "bought in" to membership to get the plane.

DUH. They bought the plane.

CappyAmeric

Elite member
I Like the way you put it and agree, I'm just saying I would understand either way, but I agree any new plan should be a pay to get. I keep saying $5-$25 depending on size complexity and frankly desirability. A mini size plane may be $5, the Tudor might be a $20 while an F-18 may be $25 or more. Nearly pure profit pretty quickly if dealing in digital format. Again why is this an argument for some?

Cool. So when are you starting your version of FT?

CappyAmeric

Elite member
I know darn well.
So what you get is big numbers on paper "Our membership is eleventeen thousand strong and growing every day" and in truth 30% of those members "bought in" to membership to get the plane.

No, as an FTCA member I contributed to fight an overreaching federal agency from claiming they own every millimeter of airspace from the ground to infinity. If FTCA and RaceDayQuads are successful against the FAA, y’all can thank all those that participated, especially those courageous enough to actually put their names on the docket.

jfaleo1

Cool. So when are you starting your version of FT?

NO intrest in EVER doing another 501c3 with anyone. Know why? This type of crap. One or two self righteous people who think they know everything and won't listen to "those few complainers", a bunch of people back each side until it implodes and disintegrates. I want the FTCA, and AMA for that matter to succeed and both be stronger. I have given suggestions to help with that, I have offered my assistance if it is wanted, and I have tolerated some pretty petty attacks by some who would like to feel superior to me in their opinion here and on facebook. Nothing I have offered as my opinion would in any way harm or hinder the organization. The ideas would, as a matter of fact, in most cases make it more inclusive and accessible and help more people. Why is this an issue for you?

CappyAmeric

Elite member
NO intrest in EVER doing another 501c3 with anyone. Know why? This type of crap. One or two self righteous people who think they know everything and won't listen to "those few complainers", a bunch of people back each side until it implodes and disintegrates. I want the FTCA, and AMA for that matter to succeed and both be stronger. I have given suggestions to help with that, I have offered my assistance if it is wanted, and I have tolerated some pretty petty attacks by some who would like to feel superior to me in their opinion here and on facebook. Nothing I have offered as my opinion would in any way harm or hinder the organization. The ideas would, as a matter of fact, in most cases make it more inclusive and accessible and help more people. Why is this an issue for you?

No complaint from me, I just assume that the people that make it their daily livelihood have a better understanding of what works for them, then people chaffing on social media or public forums. If FT wants to charge for their plans, I am good with that. If not, I am fine with that too.

Since we are making suggestions, perhaps I can make one: if someone wants to get serious consideration to an idea, they should contact those involved privately. Public complaints are generally made by people who want to amplify their complaint, but not to actually be helpful.

jfaleo1

No, as an FTCA member I contributed to fight an overreaching federal agency from claiming they own every millimeter of airspace from the ground to infinity. If FTCA and RaceDayQuads are successful against the FAA, y’all can thank all those that participated, especially those courageous enough to actually put their names on the docket.

This was YOU not everyone and I assure you not most of the new people who joined. Sure, fight the good fight, absolutely, good on you, I will stand with you on it, no matter what you think of me personally or what I think of you that is our goal. Why can't the selling of plans and someone else's idea be a help to do that? This is NOT an attack on the FTCA it is a statement of how it could be even better, have more money to do more with, and make the people involved happier and more likely to stay. Not everyone is in this for glory, or altruism, some just want to be part of a cool flying club that happens to be protecting them (even if they don't fully understand it) while they learn about the hobby.

I am not your enemy.

jfaleo1

No complaint from me, I just assume that the people that make it their daily livelihood have a better understanding of what works for them, then people chaffing on social media or public forums. If FT wants to charge for their plans, I am good with that. If not, I am fine with that too.

Since we are making suggestions, perhaps I can make one: if someone wants to get serious consideration to an idea, they should contact those involved privately. Public complaints are generally made by people who want to amplify their complaint, but not to actually be helpful.

Well I will be doing that, but I assumed tagging the director in a post he himself posted on while offering an idea might be fine for a group that is all about community. Maybe not though, I guess we will see.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Its still boils down to several details... FT IS a business presumably not yours which is why THEY get to determine what and how THEY deal with their products. Unless your on the board at Loren International all the crying you guys do will hold no sway nor effect ANY change in how they are doing things.

You guys that keep dragging this thru the forums are accomplishing exactly nothing other then stirring everyone up and causing anxiety in others. Make up your minds if you are going to support FT or not and for God sake stop EFFING crying. If you cant stop crying post your address and we will take up a collection to send you tissues on a regular basis until you're over it. If you leave a skype account or google hangout link we can collectively give you a big video group hug as well if that will ease you pain. Rehashing this every other thread now is only causing frustrations and will further work in separating an already fractured pilot base that should be uniting to protect and restore the hobby from the damage the F.A.A is doing.

We all know who the unhappy ones are so there is no need to remind us every post unless you REALLY need that hug.

JasonK

Participation Award Recipient
I know darn well.

no I joined to help out the goal of bringing hope to the hobby. The released planes haven't meant anything to me so far as they aren't the type of stuff I normally fly.

no I joined to help out the goal of bringing hope to the hobby. The released planes haven't meant anything to me so far as they aren't the type of stuff I normally fly.
Do the basics of logic escape you?
What do you mean by the "No" part?
Thank you for sharing the reason you decided to become a member of FTCA. We're certain, however, that not everyone bought in for the same reasons you did.