FTFC 21-Seaplane Design and Build by DR. Loopng Looie- Beriev Be 103

Dr. Looping Looie

Elite member
Im going to enter this russian flying boat. I choose it because I once flew it in a simulator and immedeately fell in love with it. Its quite the intresting design, because its a low wing, something you usually dont see on flying boats. Its also general aviation, twin engine and amphibic, all things I really like. And its also delta wing with huge strakes and huge wing area, so it will have great flight and stall characteristics. And then theres the pendular elevator right after the engines, which could give it some serious manouverability.

Im using this challenge as a starting point for my first prototype, I want to make something in the range of 1 Meter in size, with elevator, aileron and differential thrust control. Main objective is to keep it light and fun, it doesnt have to be too scale. If everything works great, the next step will be variation in size, addition of 3D printable retracts and maybe even a fully 3D printable version. But that will have to wait untill the other 3D printable plane is done.

Lets see what happens

Berijev 103.jpg

pic_132584_1_large.jpg

6f6771979780f68a39f0ed50cbb8b9b7.jpg

6c9ebe6fd653c7edaa00a113cd5a670a.jpg