FTFC: FT-Build-Ruary by FoamyDM

Daniel Kezar

Ultimate Cheap Skate
I think a one day design and build challenge would be awesome. We were talking about this on the FT Discord server a while ago, you have to make plans (either paper or CAD), build the plane with build video (clock in background), and then fly it all in the course of a day! Then make a forum post on it, what worked what didn't, how the build/design process went, what you would do differently next time, etc... Another note, you can't start from existing plans on cad and just modify them. Example, you cant take the bloody Barron and modify the cad files to make it look like a P-51 and say that you designed it, even though you technically did. (no hate on the awesome bloody wwii thread). You have to design it all from scratch. You can base it all off another plane though.

Anyone else think this idea would be an awesome one day a month thing for the forum?

i like the idea but doing it with a build video would be a challenge i think. its already challenge enough to design, build, and make plans then fly. i think just a timelapse would be do.