FTFC20 Astron 40 designed by jpot1

jpot1

Elite member
I like the tissue paper covering for color. Are you using aerosol adhesive? What kind?

Just a lite mist of 3M 77 spray. Zero strength being added but also almost no weight so I just lay over the paper on DTFB.

1 pack at hobby lobby is $1.50 and includes more than enough for a plane. Plus they always have 40% off coupons.

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
Just came across this thread. Great job @jpot1! Everyone loves a plane that doesn't look like it should fly, but flies great anyway. I wish you continued success with the design/build. I'm now watching this thread, so I won't miss any further updates. :)

jpot1

Elite member
V2 is done! More pics in first post.

5E0D86F3-0B36-473B-A713-F36C79E8FD7D.jpeg

jpot1

Elite member
That's just darn cool! It honestly doesn't look like it would fly. I love it! Got video of the V2 maiden? I'd love to see it in flight! :D

Not yet but hopefully this weekend. I’m now in the process of using the same basic wing shape but simplified into a kfm2 with a longer fuse. Trying for a Star Wars x-wing. I will keep the vstab but see how much of it I can remove through test flights to make it less noticeable.

jpot1

Elite member
Astron v2 flew great! Unfortunately no video. Will have to do that next time. Just need to polish up plans and I’ll post them.

The x-wing Star Wars prototype, not so good. The torque from the pusher prop wanted to roll it over and it planted in the ground.