• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

FTFC20 DC3 designed by Aviator08

What actually holds the wings to the fuse during flight I see the square bar but is there a tape or something or just friction?

Also I think you could take this to the next level with some nice posterboard wing fairings there at the root.

Oh and where is the flight video? 😁

What actually holds the wings to the fuse during flight I see the square bar but is there a tape or something or just friction?

Also I think you could take this to the next level with some nice posterboard wing fairings there at the root.

Oh and where is the flight video? 😁

The wing spars are just held in with friction. Works very well.
Posterboard wing fairings is a nice idea. :)
Well, I do have the GoPro charged up, so the next time I get to go out to the field, I'll get a flight video. :D

Also, I have all the pieces cut for the build video ,( which will be the C47 version), just need to make some time to get it filmed / edited.

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
Great prototype maiden flight! looks fun to fly. I am looking through the plans and they look great! this plane is fairly complex

I was wondering why you chose to break the bulk heads into 3 parts? was it to engage the Fuse Center Plate and vertical fin/rudder? Does the tail former stack onto the Fuselage plate?

Great prototype maiden flight! looks fun to fly. I am looking through the plans and they look great! this plane is fairly complex

I was wondering why you chose to break the bulk heads into 3 parts? was it to engage the Fuse Center Plate and vertical fin/rudder? Does the tail former stack onto the Fuselage plate?
Thanks, It is a little complex, but I tried to make formers so it would go together easier. It is to get the tail section up high enough to be scale. I tried it without and it looked pretty bad. :eek:
Yes, the tail former stacks onto the fuselage plate.