FTFC22 - Build-ruary Build Challenge

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
Yeah because I can build one plane in four months, not four planes in one month. :LOL:

Maybe I'm too hard on myself. I'm in it for the build as much as anything else. If I built them that fast I'd have to throw out a plane every week. I'd rather savor the designing and the building processes.
@Monte.C did I miss your entry? no i didn't. I appreciate your comments here though. It's like you're building with us. :D

@Monte.C did I miss your entry? no i didn't. I appreciate your comments here though. It's like you're building with us. :D
Thanks - I appreciate all of you being here and talking about it!
Or... :unsure: Was that more of a "get off my lawn" comment?

Yeah I think it was. I didn't know it was passive-aggressive day. :LOL:

FoamyDM

@ligbear is there a way for you to make your signature pic smaller, I keep mistaking it for entrees.

imagine ~ "ooh that's a cool buil.. oh. signature." 10 times a day.
keep it, but like 1/2 size.... or not, it's your signature.

FoamyDM

Thanks - I appreciate all of you being here and talking about it!
Or... :unsure: Was that more of a "get off my lawn" comment?

Yeah I think it was. I didn't know it was passive-aggressive day. :LOL:
No I've been worrying I'm missing entries amongst the banter is all. This is all fun to me.

Ligbaer

50 Percenter
@ligbear is there a way for you to make your signature pic smaller, I keep mistaking it for entrees.

ok

Ligbaer

50 Percenter

ok is this better

bwarz

Master member
T'was a night of polyurethane on the Zero (and the Charlie got too close - it got polyed too). More paint on the DR1 (and I found the gear wing on the floor after it had been stepped on a few time - it has a nice taper to it now:ROFLMAO:) and some paint on the Zero as well (oh yea - and that pesky Charlie got too close again and got painted). I also got to start cutting out parts for the P36. My goal was to power though the first three so I'd have time for the P36 - I think I'm doing pretty well. If I'm really energetic, I might just try to wrap up the Sea Duck and fly off the snow on Sunday as it look cold but calm. Heck why stop at just the one - that's still 2 nights of build time left...:p
20220211_003224.jpg

FoamyDM

Sorry for the late reminder but tonight is a build night to follow the link to Discord and if all goes well I'll be building tonight I'll be working on the Marabou lighting the sky javelin getting a better video and confirming I have controls right in the latest Prandlt-D wing.

8:30-11est

Last edited:

Ligbaer

50 Percenter
i don't think i will finish all my builds in time
as a few motors burnt up and thats holding me back a few days.
(i might be able to though)

bwarz

Master member
Another night of working on several at the same time - this time pretty much a night of painting. Finished up the paint on the Zero and got everything put together. Not happy with the glue job of the canopy onto the deck, but oh well! Just waiting for decals and she's done. The DR1 got a lot more painting done tonight and got the second wing in place. Now I need to paint the cardboard parts and wrap up the assembly and decals - maybe tomorrow night. I finally got the Y power cable built for the Sea Duck and started painting - this one's gonna take a while as I can't paint the whole thing at once. And finally I got MORE parts (still not all) cut out for the P36. I did sidetrack and cut the wing free on the first P36 build and reglued with less angle of incidence to see if that will help the flight characteristics. I've been curious since maiden and I want to see before I go ahead and do the #2 build to test the plans. Oh yea and that pesky Charlie got in the way of the spray paint again. At least its now pretty much done...

bwarz

Master member
Things I've learned this buildruary...

I've learned that my Sea Duck's base of operations is somewhere in the South Pacific. Somewhere with lots of salt water - you know it really eats away at the paint. Either that or I've learned that I need to prep the FTFB a bit more when painting with gloss paint....:rolleyes: