FTFMM MARCH MADNESS - FTF STYLE!!!

Daniel Kezar

Ultimate Cheap Skate
Welcome ALL TEAMS

a3f2ba42a4c9f468-basketball-tipoff.jpg

Today marks the official start of FTF March Madness! :applause:

I'm looking forward to seeing all these projects finish up! Good Luck to you all and Happy Building!

If you haven't joined there is STILL TIME. Come aboard and finish your forgotten project.

WOOOHOOOO
LETS GOOO!!!!!

one question: can i roll over builds not finished in build-ruary and do i make new build threads for them?
edit: no of course not. i didnt stop them over a month ago.
well im getting started on the B.A.T. now.

Last edited:

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
Daniel,
I feel the same way. I still have the Build-Ruary Flapjack and the black widow to finish up. Part of me doesn't want to start any new projects until these are finished. in that vein, I spent more of today than I wanted this weekend working out the mini pods.

Have fun with the Bat, I can't wait to see it.

Daniel Kezar

Ultimate Cheap Skate
One Week In - Any Progress Updates?

nothing yet. i was a bit busy with school again buuuuuuut, next week is spring break so i have all of then to work on everything AND it is currently snowing and expected to be about a foot to two feet of snow so most likely no school tomorrow which means even MORE time to work on projects! also i am going hiking some time next week so if i get the simple soarer done by then it is a possibility that i could bring it up the mountain. i probably wont though because it would be quite difficult with the transmitter, 5 foot plane, battery, lipo safe bag, etc. i always bring my crawler so it would be too difficult with both. besides, i dont want to lose the plane. here isnt an especially large clearing up there and there are lots of power lines and a radio/cell tower so probably shouldn't risk it. i might not bring any rc and instead run up the mountain to try to get a good time. wow i just write a lot. i hope my laptop doesnt crash right now and i lose it all.

FoamyDM

nothing yet. i was a bit busy with school again buuuuuuut, next week is spring break so i have all of then to work on everything AND it is currently snowing and expected to be about a foot to two feet of snow so most likely no school tomorrow which means even MORE time to work on projects! also i am going hiking some time next week so if i get the simple soarer done by then it is a possibility that i could bring it up the mountain. i probably wont though because it would be quite difficult with the transmitter, 5 foot plane, battery, lipo safe bag, etc. i always bring my crawler so it would be too difficult with both. besides, i dont want to lose the plane. here isnt an especially large clearing up there and there are lots of power lines and a radio/cell tower so probably shouldn't risk it. i might not bring any rc and instead run up the mountain to try to get a good time. wow i just write a lot. i hope my laptop doesnt crash right now and i lose it all.

Hilarious. Either Way Have Fun. Enjoy the snow. If you can post a pic, the CT boy in me would love to see it!

All entrants. If you can,remember. Please post here when you have some updates (with a link if you can.)
It helps promote the challenge and allows us fellow builders to follow all your progress. I'd lead by example but... I've been stuck on a few other projects. Some RC some less so.

FoamyDM

HA!! LOVE THIS!! can't wait to see this progression!! LETS GOO!!!!!

Blessings,
Stefan

Thanks for the encouragement Stefan! Are you joining in! you know you have a project that needs finishing.. maybe a quad?? :confused: :D

Daniel Kezar

Ultimate Cheap Skate
Hilarious. Either Way Have Fun. Enjoy the snow. If you can post a pic, the CT boy in me would love to see it!

All entrants. If you can,remember. Please post here when you have some updates (with a link if you can.)
It helps promote the challenge and allows us fellow builders to follow all your progress. I'd lead by example but... I've been stuck on a few other projects. Some RC some less so.

you can see the snow and my progress on the B.A.T. here and my progress on the simple soarer in the form of testing waterproofing chemicals here.

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
Progress on the Bloody Brit. Plans are 95% and I'm hoping to maiden the prototype this weekend.

XF_Bloody_Brit_Forums.png

FoamyDM

Progress on the Bloody Brit. Plans are 95% and I'm hoping to maiden the prototype this weekend.

Well done. Looking forward to the maiden and the plans. on a related note - My Bloody Baron is a go-to plan for the B-size. Thank you for those plans.

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
Well done. Looking forward to the maiden and the plans. on a related note - My Bloody Baron is a go-to plan for the B-size. Thank you for those plans.

You bet. Thanks for the kind words.

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
The Brit flew fantastic. Video of the maiden flight....

Daniel Kezar

Ultimate Cheap Skate
3 or 4 mph wind? lucky! mines been around 20 for a while. its almost always over 10 and close to 15. that what i get for living in a place with lots of hills that is also next to the ocean. lol.

nice maiden.
nice landing as well.

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
Mid March Progress Report:

Yes, there has been progress.

That is all. :black_eyed:

Well, ok - maybe a little more than that. But while I have been working away on my FTFC WW2 / March Madness monster, I am going to declare at this point I don't think I have any realistic chance of getting to a maiden flight by the end of March. I am plugging away and getting a couple hours a week in the shop, but on a beastie this big there are a whole lot more hours of work ahead.

March accomplishments start here in the thread http://forum.flitetest.com/showthre...ock-Wulf-FW-42&p=391561&viewfull=1#post391561

Psyborg made huge progress on the crazy multi-camera FPV wiring harness and control setup, and I almost have the canards done. Except for the sanding, hinge drilling, servo and control rod installations, fuselage sleeve installation, fiberglassing, and weave filling. And then its on to the center wing panel. And the nacelles. And the two wingtip panels. And final fuselage glue up and fiberglassing too. And someone will be sure to point out if I forget to put on a rudder.... again? :confused:

So my revised March goal is steady forward progress, canards done, and wing center panel built and installed. Will it meet the intent of the March challenge? Don't know.

But I will keep 'Marching' on and trying to resist the distraction of covering my Mini-telemaster until my revised March goal is met :)