FTFMM MARCH MADNESS - FTF STYLE!!!

Daniel Kezar

Ultimate Cheap Skate
heh... "Marching on"
well i have tested chemicals for waterproofing the simple soarer and i have all the 150% B.A.T. cut out. thats it lol.

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
XF Bloody Brit Icon.png

Free plans posted in the Build log and in the new XF Plans section of the forums.

DamoRC

Elite member
Mentor
Nice!

I too am not going to be able to make all of the goals for the challenge - got way too distracted by the Canuck.

I'll probably get the build complete and maybe painted, but the way the weather is right now, I won't get a flight in before the deadline of March 28th

DamoRC

Daniel Kezar

Ultimate Cheap Skate
the deadline is the 28th? oops. wait.... yeah oops. lol. well i think i can get one project done (the simple soarer) but the B.A.T. may have to wait to fly.

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
I have made some progress with my projects - Details Here

and a quick picture show the thinner wing form and simpler fuselage (to start with)
attachment.php

my exercise routine with a friend turned to talking and 11:30. so nothing new today... :(

FoamyDM

The VF-9 made a little progress:

Checked controls, strengthened the vertical Stabilizers. Fit the Power pod... I might have a hard time with this CG balance as the CG, I expect, will be near the wing tip and the front battery compartment past the canard controls. I may have to adjust. and I discovered the canards need to "tighten" up too. I little more refinement work. No biggie.

attachment.php

FoamyDM

FTFMM - TIME EXTENSION - 1 WEEK: Tournament will be the week of the 9th.

Also as life typically does, I had a family matter occur this past couple weeks. Consequently I'm not certain how well I will be able to manage a tournament from where I will be on the first week of April. So..

Participants, If you can, use that additional time to drum up support for your build and finish it.

Daniel Kezar

Ultimate Cheap Skate
Also as life typically does, I had a family matter occur this past couple weeks. Consequently I'm not certain how well I will be able to manage a tournament from where I will be on the first week of April. So..

Participants, If you can, use that additional time to drum up support for your build and finish it.

haha! yes!! i love having someone running events that doesnt mind bending rules and giving everyone more time! lol. thank you a bunch!!!

Crazy Goats

Great! This gives me a little more time. I haven't been posting on the log because of some issues at home which are threatening to put RC out of commission, but im still trying to get headway.

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
Extra time is helpful. I'm also taking next week on vacation and won't make any progress then either.

Then again, I could use a couple more extra weeks too :p

DamoRC

Elite member
Mentor

This is great - I think everyone could do with the extra time. Thanks!

DamoRC

FoamyDM

Good, I was worried a bit that those working hard to make progress (Sponz) might be miffed because it felt unfair... then I remembered this is the FT forum if a week helps everyone finish, GREAT!

Continued luck and progress all

Daniel Kezar

Ultimate Cheap Skate
Good, I was worried a bit that those working hard to make progress (Sponz) might be miffed because it felt unfair... then I remembered this is the FT forum if a week helps everyone finish, GREAT!

Continued luck and progress all

"miffed?" huh. never heard that word used before lol

FoamyDM

Words are fun!

Just wanted to confirm I used it right. - yup. It's a step or two below Pissed-off.
miff
/mif/
verb informal
past tense: miffed; past participle: miffed​
annoy.​
"she was slightly miffed at not being invited"​

Well, it wasn't Malarkey.

I had a school bus driver (daughter of the owner of the bud company) stop the bus (when we were acting like a big pile of young teen jerk-wads and very angrily tell all us middle-school hoodlums that she "wanted not more malarkey out of us, or she would report us all to the school." She was furious...
We never forgot the word as we tried not to snicker at the word choice. As an adult, I can fully appreciate it.
I lay in wait daily to properly use the work "Malarkey".

ma·lar·key
/məˈlärkē/
noun informal
(slang) meaningless talk; nonsense.​
"don't give me that malarkey"​

ma·lar·key
məˈlärkē/Submit
noun
meaningless talk; nonsense.

Daniel Kezar

Ultimate Cheap Skate
Just wanted to confirm I used it right. - yup. It's a step or two below Pissed-off.
miff
/mif/
verb informal
past tense: miffed; past participle: miffed​
annoy.​
"she was slightly miffed at not being invited"​

Well, it wasn't Malarkey.

I had a school bus driver (daughter of the owner of the bud company) stop the bus (when we were acting like a big pile of young teen jerk-wads and very angrily tell all us middle-school hoodlums that she "wanted not more malarkey out of us, or she would report us all to the school." She was furious...
We never forgot the word as we tried not to snicker at the word choice. As an adult, I can fully appreciate it.
I lay in wait daily to properly use the work "Malarkey".

ma·lar·key
/məˈlärkē/
noun informal
(slang) meaningless talk; nonsense.​
"don't give me that malarkey"​

ma·lar·key
məˈlärkē/Submit
noun
meaningless talk; nonsense.

haha! brilliant!! well i am not miffed in the slightest and i love the malarkey that goes on here!

ps: congrats on 888 posts. lol.

Daniel Kezar

Ultimate Cheap Skate
UPDATES TO MY BUILD THREADS

I have made updates to my build threads. my Simple Soarer now has some wax of the min variety on it. here is the link

and my 150% B.A.T.... well. no more progress but i did post more pictures. i dont think im going to fly it any time soon bc it's much bigger than expected. (i started this project before i thought about a little thing called measuring). so i am gonna need a bigger motor than b pack or c pack probably. let me know if you know of any good ones.