Fun with RealFlight 7.5

PilotSam

Judge me by my age?
I just got RealFlight 7.5 (the version with the Tactic transmitter). I am loving it. It's more of just something to do when I can't get out to the field to fly. I don't actually use it to practice. That's just me, some people might be different. I really like how you can change the physics like CG and battery and even the prop to suit your wants. I love the ElectriFly Rifle that is one of the stock planes in RealFlight 7.5, but the battery only lasted like 4 minutes. So I went into editing and made a 200% version of the Rifle and that allowed me to put an 8000 mah battery. My flight time with the Rifle is now about 10 minutes. Anyway, I just wanted to share some of my experience with the simulator. Here is some flying with the modified ElectriFly Rifle:

Gryf

Nice stuff! I really like RealFlight, and will probably spend some quality time with it now that the flying season is winding down. And yes, the nose camera view is fun. It's the only version of FPV I can afford right now. ;-)

Just wish it had more Flite Test models, but I understand that there are issues with that.

Gryf

PilotSam

Judge me by my age?
Nice stuff! I really like RealFlight, and will probably spend some quality time with it now that the flying season is winding down. And yes, the nose camera view is fun. It's the only version of FPV I can afford right now. ;-)

Just wish it had more Flite Test models, but I understand that there are issues with that.

Gryf

Yeah I love the nose cam view, it's basically FPV. I wish there was some way to use realflight with a headset or goggles......

Gryf

Right, goggles would be neato. I don't have any, but I did find a way to use my Google Cardboard headset with my Samsung phone to provide a cheap and cheesy way to do VR with PC games. Just do a web search... it's out there. I could only get "fake" 3D, with no depth, but it's better than nothing. I could probably get real 3D with some more tweaking.

On a related note, my Nvidia drivers incorporate 3D support, meaning I can run RealFlight in stereo 3D using anaglyph (red/blue) glasses. The effect is quite good! Having at least some sense of depth helps with such things as landing on the runway vs. hitting the fence during approach.

Gryf

Last edited: