Getting started with Swappables, having trouble with part selection...

BanditJacksRC

Shop in the hobbyking US Warehouses. You probably wont be able to get the Orange Transmitter, but the shipping would be WAY less. and will come within a few days. and for the $60 you will save on shipping you are almost to a used Spektrum Dx6i.

Dimak

Added the connectors! Just wondering, the batteries are available with other ones as well... is one more of a "Standard"?

Also, can I get a recommendation on this radio?

Thanks for everything! I'm sure glad I didn't stick with hobbyking.

Ace2317

As far as battery connectors goes, when they are 1s-2s, you will more than likely see a JST (small, red, two-pin). 3s and up you will either see XT60 (most common stock from what I've seen) or Deans. As far as between the two, it's really just personal preference. I like XT60, mainly because I buy Turnigy batteries and that's what they come with.

On Horizon planes, you will see EC3, which is common on basically only their planes.

Pity_the_fool

I personally would avoid the flysky radios. They are super tempting because of the features for the dollar, but just yesterday a friend of mine was flying his s torch and had a complete loss of signal with his fs-t6. Another friend has the th 9x, and he also has suffered signal loss. The radio is the one spot I wouldn't skimp if you are serious about the hobby. I have a tactic ttx 650 which is a good compromise. The receivers aren't too expensive ($38) for a pair. The grauppner radios look nice, but the receivers are a little more pricy. Or you can always go the spektrum route which the flitetest guys seem to swear buy. That's just my two cents, invest in a decent radio and you will never have to upgrade, or get that sick feeling when you bang on the sticks and nothing happens.