• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Gluing tissue to various surfaces...

I'm building my 3rd model with tissue covering.
The first two tissue models were mostly balsa, with some small areas of ply or bamboo. So all wood, and I glued the tissue down with a glue stick and elmers, which worked great.

My current model's leading edge is a 2mm carbon rod.. non porous, and only a small area to stick to.
I'm thinking that elmers is not going to work here.... what glue should be used in this situation please ?

My current model's leading edge is a 2mm carbon rod.. non porous, and only a small area to stick to.
I'm thinking that elmers is not going to work here.... what glue should be used in this situation please ?
Try Eze Dope. Thin it like you would with Elmer's. I have found it is very hard to remove after it has dried. I don't care for it as a dope substitute for tissue finishing but it is a very good tissue glue.

@TooJung2Die Thanks, good suggestion. That worked out great.

I have also found eze-dope hard to remove when dry..... especially from my brushes ;)
I also find the final look of eze-dope, not very good... its very patchy looking...
but it works well enough as a dope, and I can use it indoors is the biggest feature for me.

Attachments

Last edited:

TooJung2Die

Master member
Glad the Eze Dope worked for you. It takes a strong solvent to dissolve it after it has hardened. Maybe acetone? I don't know. That's why I haven't used it in an airbrush. I had the same results as you when using it as a final tissue finish. I had high hopes because I wanted something to use indoors. Now I go outside and use clear aerosol lacquer. It works better than dope but still can't be used around the wife. 😟