Hey what Radio System do you Use?

Bricks

Master member
I love my dx6

That being said I am going the radiomaster route. Why? A few reasons.

I need to be able to use an external module. There are a few hacks on the radio but they either involve latency and/or hacking and soldering the radio. Why would I buy a module to get reduced latency only to add it back in?
I need more channels. For my planes 6 is plenty, but quads I need 8. Throttle, yaw, roll, pitch, arm, flight mode, turtle mode, and beeper.
There are very few spektrum rx options for micro quads (what I fly)
Spektrum is kinda overpriced: I know it is quality, but the dx6 definitely has the capacity to have more channels, they just want an extra 100-200$.

Beginners wont go wrong with spektrum, much easier learning curve. Pro tip: Buy used. If you can buy it used for a good price you can sell it used for the same price.
My 2cents

Exactly every one has there reasons for which transmitter to buy, like you they like to hack, tinker and make changes to fit there personal needs. They all do the same basic things just some do it more elegantly and easier then others.

Mr_Stripes

Elite member
I use Spektrum, a dx-7 G2 to be specific. It’s a fantastic radio. I’m planning on upgrading to an nx-10 in the near future. I also have a jumper t-16 but haven’t had any luck with it yet.

Is it the og version or pro version?
Red T16 and multi protocol module in jr baby means og
Silver T16 thing and empty jrbay means pro

checkerboardflyer

In all the forums that I have read I have never come across anyone bringing up this problem. So I will. When I go to insert the servo connectors into a Spektrum receiver, they don’t want to go in; too tight. (Using the 9g servos from FT.) And it’s just a tiny fraction of an inch, but it’s just enough to make it very difficult. So I thought that if I just sanded off the corners of the connector, it might work. And it did! One less thing to struggle with. I made the sanding stick from a piece of Ace Hardware yardstick and some sticky back sandpaper.

Before I install a system I like to make all the connections as a test just to make sure it is working correctly. I mark the servos with Dymo labels so I don’t get them confused. (RU = rudder, RA = right aileron, LA = left aileron, EL = elevator) More tips for foam board RC modelers on my blog: https://foamboardflyers.com

Attachments

• 1-spektrum servo connector.jpeg
    1-spektrum servo connector.jpeg
    386.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 3-use sanding stick - 1.jpeg
    3-use sanding stick - 1.jpeg
    601.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 4-spektrum servo connector.jpeg
    4-spektrum servo connector.jpeg
    457.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 5-spektrum servo connector.jpeg
    5-spektrum servo connector.jpeg
    402 KB · Views: 0

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
In all the forums that I have read I have never come across anyone bringing up this problem. So I will. When I go to insert the servo connectors into a Spektrum receiver, they don’t want to go in; too tight. (Using the 9g servos from FT.) And it’s just a tiny fraction of an inch, but it’s just enough to make it very difficult. So I thought that if I just sanded off the corners of the connector, it might work. And it did! One less thing to struggle with. I made the sanding stick from a piece of Ace Hardware yardstick and some sticky back sandpaper.

Before I install a system I like to make all the connections as a test just to make sure it is working correctly. I mark the servos with Dymo labels so I don’t get them confused. (RU = rudder, RA = right aileron, LA = left aileron, EL = elevator) More tips for foam board RC modelers on my blog: https://foamboardflyers.com
I have had this problem in the past with servo connectors going into Spektrum receivers. I just used a sharp blade and scraped a small section off the corners, it worked fine.

Last edited:

Bricks

Master member
I have had this problem in the past with servo connectors going into Spektrum receivers. I just used a sharp blade and scraped a small section off the corners, it worked fine.

Remember the old Futaba servos with a notch because Futaba wanted to be different in there wiring and it was the only way to prevent shorting out any power source it was plugged into. If you wanted to use them with any other receiver you had to cut the notch and change the wires around other wise poooffff the magic smoke.